Vintage Theme from Meedio
Gimme the chance and I'll be using that movie-specific icon feature in a second.

Presumably, all it would take for the 720p/1080p icons would be a function that returned the width of the picture. You couldn't do height as the aspect ratios change. Audio format would be a piece of cake, surely, as would the availability of subtitles.
I ran Meedio since it first came out and ran its predecessor (myHTPC) before that. It is a great HTPC program but the tweaks and setup just got to be too much for me. I'm a geek at heart, but sometimes I like some things to just be easy. XBMC made things much easier for me and I enjoy it much more.
Wink 
szsori Wrote:does XBMC detect and pass along encoding information about the file? Both Meedio and MP provide video resolution and audio encoding flags, so skinners can include 720p/1080p, Dolby Digital, etc logos in their skins. If XBMC doesn't, it'd be pretty sweet if it could. Smile
No such feature yet, ...but it has been requested before, see:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=30419

Go to that topic-thread to '1+' it and voice your opionion Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Rainbow 
szsori Wrote:I don't think alpha browsing (browsing by first letter) is as useful in XBMC, since you can use the analog trigger controls to jump through lists at varying speeds. However, as the linux, windows, mac, Timex watch, etc ports pick up steam, you might find that people really like browsing that way. It's really a personal preference for each end user plus a programming issue in the software.
I doo think it would be very usefull, suggested here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=32388

Great that it would be platform-independent and controller-hardware independent Cool
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I've been working on a 'Alpha' type browsing which works in some phones. The Idea is dou hit 2 once and it filters A a second time B 3rd C 4th 2. It would work in the show listing area to cut down on significant numbers of shows to quickly find something.

I feel the filiter/search areas are clunky when using a remote and as such never use them. But when I want lost and i can hit 5 3 times and then scroll maybe once to it that seems much quicker.

Also the more advanced version of this is of course to find lost do 5-6-7-8 and then have the software find matches with the combination of those 15 letters (JKL/MNO/PQRS/TUV) which should also be decently simple. Though of course by the time you press 5-6 lost should be the only show remaining or very near it.

I dunno I though this type of navigation would be much more usefull to using xbmc with a remote. Especially when you have 300 movies and 70 shows.
This skin is absolutely amazing. I mean no disrespect to any XBMC skin or author, but this skin, IMHO, is better than anything we have. And we have some damn nice skins! It is totally my style

szsori Wrote:I don't think alpha browsing (browsing by first letter) is as useful in XBMC, since you can use the analog trigger controls to jump through lists at varying speeds. However, as the linux, windows, mac, Timex watch, etc ports pick up steam, you might find that people really like browsing that way. It's really a personal preference for each end user plus a programming issue in the software.

Don't forget those of us who use the XBMC on the Xbox by remote only. I never use the controller and I have over 650 movies so I would kill to have alpha browsing.
tnx Smile

I've been working on movies fanart support:
- I made ~400 fanart images (all 1920x1080) mostly for movies in my library and they are currently loaded from fanart folder located in MeedioData folder
- images are named based on IMDb ID number so there would be no duplicates
  • e.g.
    The Departed = tt0407887.jpg
- maybe this could be useful for XBMC (as far as I can tell Aeon skin could use them as backdrops right out of the box)...

I think these would be highly appreciated! Do you think you could make a .rar and put it up for us to grab? Thanks again!
Rand Al Thor Wrote:I think these would be highly appreciated! Do you think you could make a .rar and put it up for us to grab? Thanks again!

+1
Holy crap that's nice.
Rand Al Thor Wrote:I think these would be highly appreciated! Do you think you could make a .rar and put it up for us to grab? Thanks again!

sure, I'll pack them when I finish (I have few more to make)...
crni Wrote:sure, I'll pack them when I finish (I have few more to make)...

Great crni! Im definitely looking forward to that!
crni Wrote:- I made ~400 fanart images (all 1920x1080) mostly for movies in my library
Please upload these somewhere or make a torrent. They look beautiful Shocked
crni Wrote:sure, I'll pack them when I finish (I have few more to make)...

that would be really nice of you, they look great Smile
almost there (448 going for 500) Cool
  • random 100

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vintage Theme from Meedio0