Cant get it to run
Apologies if this has been answered before. I have searched but not found the answer.

xbmc for windows rev12409.

followed the 10 step guide and get these errors in my log

15:14:05 T:3544 M:2147483647 ERROR: CSettings::Load Error loading C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\XBMC\UserData\sources.xml: Line 0, Failed to open file

15:14:05 T:3544 M:2147483647 ERROR: unable to load C:\Documents and Settings\XBMC PC\XBMC\language\English\keyboardmap.xml: Failed to open file at line 0

ill paste the whole log at pastebin if needed.

I can get rid of the sources.xml error by replacing it with one i have for xbmc for xbox but not the other one.

god i feel like a newb Sad

any suggestions?
Apologies,

This question has already been asked here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=31623&page=5
those errors wouldn't stop xbmc from running.
You'll probably need to post the whole log
log here:

http://pastebin.ca/969896
i actually had the same keyboardmap.xml file error at line 0. i tried deleting settings folder from the documents and settings/application data folder, moving my main xbmc folder around, creating dummy keyboarmap.xml file, and placing a keymap.xml file in the directory and renamng it to keyboardmap.xml. NOTHING worked. very very odd. i formatted my computer and then xbmc worked again. i know that might not be an option for you, i was already working with a fresh install of xp so didnt have a problem.

i dont have a solution, just some tips on anything logical that i could have tried which didin't work.
thanks nmirza

im not gonna reinstall xp to get this to work.

I am trying to set this up over RD which did cause problems when I was using build.bat for setting up a skin. This is an xml error though so that shouldnt be causing it.

Ill try to start it again when i get home.
Try building locally. RDP doesn't support full graphics options so some things might not be working right during the build.
Those errors aren't causing your problem - I have those same errors and mine works fine.
When you say not running, what exactly are you seeing? When I run it on Vista (32-bit), I see a window that is labeled SDL_App, and then XBMC loads.

I have had a problem on both computers (desktop with dual monitors and laptop) where if I set the resolution to Desktop 0x0, I only see a black screen and can hear the menus clicking. I have to delete the XBMC AppData folder and then set XBMC to my actual resolution.
Thanks for all the help guys.

i double click xbmc.exe
an outline of the program comes up
then i get the generic error report, xbmc.exe has encounter a problem and needs to close.

As i said im doing all this over RDP and will test it locally when i get home from work.
I also had the same problem or at least the same symptoms and log file. I even tried to debug with visual studio 2003 which though up an unsafe memory usage error and a DEP error. (Data execution prevention) which led me to think, after I had done some reading on the subject that if I excluded the XBMC.exe under DEP options. I'd be good to go this was a total red herring. Sad

After long...........................time I thought to myself have I got the latest drivers for my graphics card I was sure I must have done that after installing windows the last time around but downloaded and install the latest full package it started up know problem. Big Grin the simplest solution is usually the right one or just (install the dam drivers stupid)

I hope my imbecilic example may save someone else my pain

The app works great thanks again to the devs It took a little tinkering to get the resolution right I also found setting the resolution to the same as my desktop works for me.
Tried it not in RDP and it works great. Thanks for all the help
Just for reference, VNC won't work either (at least not in fullscreen).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cant get it to run0