v17 Error when playing trailer URLs
Hello,

When I try to play trailers connected to my movies, the following error occurs:

https://pastebin.com/RViSHe2R

Beginning at line 932

Playing other videos is no problem. Playing trailers by using addons like "HD-Trailers" is working fine too. Can anybody help me? Sad

Btw. same problem on Windows and Android.

Thanks in advance! Smile
In order to help you with your problem, please provide a full debug log (wiki), uploaded to PasteBin.com and remove the snippet above. It misses a lot of information which is needed to assist with the problem.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Done. Hope that helps! Smile
Hello locomikele

Sorry, does not help. Please add the link Wink
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I have edited my original post. Isn't it visible there?

Here again:

https://pastebin.com/RViSHe2R

Beginning at line 932
Does nobody has an idea? Huh

I just uninstalled Kodi completely with all settings and reinstalled a fresh copy with not a single 3rd Party addon installed. Still the same error... Sad Is it a general problem playing youtube links from the Kodi core? The Youtube-Addon itself seems to work perfectly.
Have you got the youtube addon installed?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yes, but no matter if it is or not, Kodi (resp. the CVideoPlayer) doesn't play the Youtube trailers linked to the movies in my database and delivers me the same error.
If you have the youtube addon installed, your log doesn't show it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Maybe, as I have said I have tried it with and without the addon. So the uploaded log file seems to be the one without the addon.

I've run some tests on my own to find the error and I have finally found the reason.

The trailer URLs in my database were plain Youtube-URLs in the format "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<ID>". I am writing these values with my own tool instead of using the internal KODI/TheMovieDB scraper. But for KODI to understand what to do with these URLs, they have to be in the format "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=<ID>".

Hopefully this can help others from doing the same mistake. ;-) Thank you all for trying to help me! Happy KODIng to everyone.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error when playing trailer URLs0