v17 Amazon Fire TV Game Box, Kodi 17.5, & Windows 10 Homegroup
I am having trouble with Kodi seeing my Windows 10 Shared folders.

I have installed Kodi on my laptop after successfully connecting it to the Homegroup on my desktop PC running Windows 10. I can connect and access every single share on my desktop computer from Kodi on my laptop.

However, when I use Kodi on my Amazon Fire TV, I cannot access the shared folders.

In Kodi, I go to Movies | Files | Add Videos | Browse | Windows Network (SMB) and it only gives me either a "No Share Available" message or it just gives me a ".." on the screen to navigate back to where I was just at.

This Kodi is on the same network as the laptop and the desktop.
This Kodi is successfully using the Wifi to stream content from various addons.

Ideas?

P.S. There is a Homegroup password, but Kodi never asks for it.
I just put my Desktop network name "DESKTOP-QR64HPN" into the Server Name field when manually adding a network into Kodi.

Now it continually asks for a username and password over and over no matter what I put in.
Have you upgraded Windows 10 to 1709? Kodi on Android only (on 17.x at least) suports SMB1 which will no longer connect to Windows 10 unless you re-enable SMB1 on Windows

Check in Control panel...Programs and features...Turn Windows features on or off
(2017-11-08, 14:52)jools5000 Wrote: Have you upgraded Windows 10 to 1709? Kodi on Android only (on 17.x at least) suports SMB1 which will no longer connect to Windows 10 unless you re-enable SMB1 on Windows

Check in Control panel...Programs and features...Turn Windows features on or off

Thank you for the reply. I enabled all the SMB options on the computer and rebooted it. I still get the same problem. In the share, I told it to not use a username and password, yet Kodi keeps asking for one. When I put it in, i does not accept it.

Again, when I use Kodi on my laptop, it does not ask for a username and password when getting to those same desktop files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV Game Box, Kodi 17.5, & Windows 10 Homegroup0