.iso with Kodi's internal player, all other filetypes with external player. How?
Hi, there. Need some help.

So, after configuring an external player (PotPlayer) for .mkv, .avi, .mp4 and .flv file playback, I'd like to add a string to playercorefactory.xml for .iso and .img files. I want them to be played with the KODI's internal player by default (without having to select the internal player before playback) since .iso and .img files are being opened by PotPlayer, even though .iso and .img are not specified within <rule filetypes> node. I'm pretty sure I can write the whole .xml by myself, but the only thing I'm missing is the path to KODI's internal player. I suppose there isn't any path to it. If there is, what is it? If not, what do I need to put in <filename> path </filename> node? Can I just leave it empty or?

Here's my current playercorefactory.xml config:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PotPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\PotPlayerMini64.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="avi|mkv|mp4|m4v|mpg|mpeg|flv|m2ts|ts|" player="PotPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

And I was thinking of adding one more entry for <players> and another entry for <rule filetypes> (.iso and .img) for that second player. But, I don't know what is the path (if it exists) to KODI's internal player. Also, what to put in <player name> if using KODI's internal player for those two file types (.iso and .img)? I've read WIKI entry for external player, but  every time I add another node or rule into my playercorefactory.xml, the internal player takes over the playback of all file types, rendering PotPlayer obsolete. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
(2017-11-08, 05:53)krow Wrote: Hi, there. Need some help.

So, after configuring an external player (PotPlayer) for .mkv, .avi, .mp4 and .flv file playback, I'd like to add a string to playercorefactory.xml for .iso and .img files. I want them to be played with the KODI's internal player by default (without having to select the internal player before playback) since .iso and .img files are being opened by PotPlayer, even though .iso and .img are not specified within <rule filetypes> node. I'm pretty sure I can write the whole .xml by myself, but the only thing I'm missing is the path to KODI's internal player. I suppose there isn't any path to it. If there is, what is it? If not, what do I need to put in <filename> path </filename> node? Can I just leave it empty or?

Here's my current playercorefactory.xml config:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PotPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\PotPlayerMini64.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="avi|mkv|mp4|m4v|mpg|mpeg|flv|m2ts|ts|" player="PotPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

And I was thinking of adding one more entry for <players> and another entry for <rule filetypes> (.iso and .img) for that second player. But, I don't know what is the path (if it exists) to KODI's internal player. Also, what to put in <player name> if using KODI's internal player for those two file types (.iso and .img)? I've read WIKI entry for external player, but  every time I add another node or rule into my playercorefactory.xml, the internal player takes over the playback of all file types, rendering PotPlayer obsolete. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
 Seriously no help or ideas? Is there any way to make this task possible, other than creating a script to mount .iso files everytime I'd like to play them with Kodi's internal player?
You really need to fix why your rule is opening iso and img files with potplayer, which would mean a debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.iso with Kodi's internal player, all other filetypes with external player. How?0