Dolby Atmos for Mac?
Hello!

According to a very well informed user in this forum Dolby Atmos probably doesn't work in a mac with a receiver, since Kodi can't decode the Atmos track. According to the user this would only be work via pass through, which is not possible on OS X. I do not doubt that he is right but he wasn't 100 percent sure. Do anyone know if it's working or not?
So I asked one of our audio developers. As said - atmos only works when using pass through and only when passing through hd audio formats is supported. Since the latter is not supported on macOS - atmos isn't supported aswell. There is no way to use atmos via pcm.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Okey, thank you for your help! Can this be supported later in Kodi in an update, or is it the hardware that is the problem?
It's the operating system that does not allow it ... (that's why it works on windows with the same hardware)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Oh i see! Such a shame!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby Atmos for Mac?0