OS X Share between kodi 16 and mac mini
Hello, Hello everyone

I have a mini mac bought in 2014 it runs on OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 processor: 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

I peeled the forums and do some research to find a way to set up a local network sharing between my mac mini and Kodi 16 (which turns on a droid box in the room).

the objective being of course to be able to read the contents of my mac mini with kodi.

During my research I came across several sites indicating the way forward in SMB. so I activated the shared folder on mac

(right click on the folder> check box shared folder and then system preference> share> click on file sharing> shared folder + display his folder that we want to share> then user> read and write everyone

I also took this message into account Other users can access shared folders on this computer (and administrators at all volumes) in "afp: // XXX-001" or "smb: // XXX-001". green circle is on and file sharing is enabled

when I enter all this information in kodi, so I go to the section video> file> add a video source> browse> then I have several possible choices> when I go on> Windows network SMB it gives me Error 2: sharing no available then I go on> add a network location a new window opens with several items that I filled with this way

Protocol: Windows network (smb)
name of the server name of the computer
shared folder: the name of the folder I shared
port: 0 (I did not touch this setting)
user: my username
password: my password session

once validated I have the message: connection refused

I do not know what to do after that ... someone would have an idea ...: thank you:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Share between kodi 16 and mac mini0