Req Option to timeshift on the client?
Might be nice, specially if (as is probably common) the server is low-powered and/or slow with network I/O, while the client has plenty of disk and I/O bandwidth (like, say an average Windows PC). The server could still do recording, but volatile stuff like timeshift I/O could be kept off it.
HDHomerun Quatro, RaspPi/TVHeadend, NUC/Win10/Kodi, Mousetuary skin, Mouse on couch!
... and it might allow for faster skipping, too - sometimes it takes 5 seconds to skip back 7 with a round trip from client to TVHeadend.
HDHomerun Quatro, RaspPi/TVHeadend, NUC/Win10/Kodi, Mousetuary skin, Mouse on couch!
PVR addons are frre to create the timeshift buffer wherever they want to. Means you yould post your request in an addon specific section.
btw: skip/seek with vnsi in timeshift buffer is lightning fast.
Moved, thanks.

Can you comment on whether it might be a good idea for Kodi to do this centrally? It would then benefit all PVR clients, and relieve them of the need to do timeshifting at all.
(2017-11-12, 04:03)aegidius Wrote: Moved, thanks.

Can you comment on whether it might be a good idea for Kodi to do this centrally? It would then benefit all PVR clients, and relieve them of the need to do timeshifting at all.

No, because some devices may not have the memory to allow for on device buffers, especially with MPEG2 streams as is most common for live tv.

Timeshifting should be up to the backend to determine how it is handled, not decided by third-party clients/frontends.
If you want the client to do the timeshifting you can run the backend and kodi on the same machine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to timeshift on the client?0