Kodi does not always update episode metadata
(2017-11-20, 18:52)Martijn Wrote: Move folder away.
Clean library which should clean the files table that holds the data
Move folder back and update library.
That gets it added correctly.

Downside is the watched status is also gone as it's in files table.

My solution of just playing the files a for second keeps the watched status.
Actually, two days ago i cleaned the library after moving the folder from the share, instead of removing the item manually from the library. I just didn't put the folder back for a couple of days.

Next time i'll put the folder back right after cleaning the library and see if it works properly. Thanks again!
(2017-11-20, 17:15)Adriano de Brito Wrote:
(2017-11-20, 15:02)wyild1 Wrote:
(2017-11-20, 11:56)Adriano de Brito Wrote: Humm, ok, you got your own thing going on...

I think i can just create .nfo files from the export in Kodi. If possible, change the resolution information manually on the .nfo file for the affected TV Show. And finally, refresh/update library on Kodi.

Wouldn't this work?   
It should sure....But i have never set a specific show to be scraped NFO while the rest of the folder is scaping TVDB, so hopefully it works like it should   
You've narrowed it down to precisely what i would like to know.

I'm still confused how your library gets built. It needs a source, and in that source there's your .nfo files and such. When refreshing/updating the library doesn't Kodi look at everything that is in your folders? Such as video files, subtitles, .nfo files, fanart images (named properly), thumbnails and actor info, and then builds your library based on that? And it retrieves the missing data from TheTVDB scraper?

If this is not how the library gets built, then i'm not really understanding the point of having .nfo files and such inside folders to secure how your metadata is displayed in Kodi.

To be fair, it's a little annoying to have to delete my whole library every time i update a TV Show from 720 to 1080 just because Kodi is not properly clearing the TV Show data from the data table upon removal from the library. This is maybe what should be fixed in Kodi? Or someone please explain how i should build and keep my library in order to avoid these types of issues. 
Just to follow up to this about the library and nfo:

If i use the NFO scraper (Which is selected when you set the Content (tv or movies) and change the scrapper to Local), then it wont go online to find any metadata thats "missing".  The scrapper is expecting it to all be local and if not, then you dont have it (like the Poster or whatever)
So my database is build from flat files (nfo, jpgs etc) that i have gathered and wanted to use.  If somethings missing, i have to do it by hand (like edit the NFO for the date watched, or a new trailer...but i use external software for that) and refresh that TV show or Movie specifically.  

http://kodi.wiki/view/Set_content_and_sc...ly_options
Note: The local-NFO-only option is only needed if you want to prevent Kodi from using scrapers for video files that do not yet have NFO files. This option is not needed to actually use NFO files, and Kodi will aways prefer the data from NFO files when they are available.
So i guess i can leave it as TVDB to scan things i dont have  and NFO for , but each their own Smile
(2017-11-20, 20:10)wyild1 Wrote:
(2017-11-20, 17:15)Adriano de Brito Wrote:
(2017-11-20, 15:02)wyild1 Wrote: It should sure....But i have never set a specific show to be scraped NFO while the rest of the folder is scaping TVDB, so hopefully it works like it should   
You've narrowed it down to precisely what i would like to know.

I'm still confused how your library gets built. It needs a source, and in that source there's your .nfo files and such. When refreshing/updating the library doesn't Kodi look at everything that is in your folders? Such as video files, subtitles, .nfo files, fanart images (named properly), thumbnails and actor info, and then builds your library based on that? And it retrieves the missing data from TheTVDB scraper?

If this is not how the library gets built, then i'm not really understanding the point of having .nfo files and such inside folders to secure how your metadata is displayed in Kodi.

To be fair, it's a little annoying to have to delete my whole library every time i update a TV Show from 720 to 1080 just because Kodi is not properly clearing the TV Show data from the data table upon removal from the library. This is maybe what should be fixed in Kodi? Or someone please explain how i should build and keep my library in order to avoid these types of issues.  
Just to follow up to this about the library and nfo:

If i use the NFO scraper (Which is selected when you set the Content (tv or movies) and change the scrapper to Local), then it wont go online to find any metadata thats "missing".  The scrapper is expecting it to all be local and if not, then you dont have it (like the Poster or whatever)
So my database is build from flat files (nfo, jpgs etc) that i have gathered and wanted to use.  If somethings missing, i have to do it by hand (like edit the NFO for the date watched, or a new trailer...but i use external software for that) and refresh that TV show or Movie specifically.  

http://kodi.wiki/view/Set_content_and_sc...ly_options
Note: The local-NFO-only option is only needed if you want to prevent Kodi from using scrapers for video files that do not yet have NFO files. This option is not needed to actually use NFO files, and Kodi will aways prefer the data from NFO files when they are available.
So i guess i can leave it as TVDB to scan things i dont have  and NFO for , but each their own Smile 
Thanks for the explanation. It's clearer to me now. In my case, and since i've understood how to refresh metadata properly, i think i'm better off exporting my library "as a single file" now and then to save the library contents, watched items and changed posters.

Lots of respect for keeping everything aside on folders and building your own library locally into Kodi. I might get there one day, but i feel it's not necessary for the time being.
(2017-11-20, 18:52)Martijn Wrote: Move folder away.
Clean library which should clean the files table that holds the data
Move folder back and update library.
That gets it added correctly.

Downside is the watched status is also gone as it's in files table.

My solution of just playing the files a for second keeps the watched status.

This has stopped working again for 18.6.  Playing for 2 secs doesn't work again. I have to change the filename by one letter and scan again.  Bit of a mission with a few hundred episodes and movies.
(2020-04-21, 09:30)Rudders Wrote: This has stopped working again for 18.6.  Playing for 2 secs doesn't work again. I have to change the filename by one letter and scan again.  Bit of a mission with a few hundred episodes and movies.
Yes, this was changed. Playing a video no longer updates the stream details in the library database. The stream data is read on first scan of the file, or when selecting Refresh.

If you want to save your played data, then export your library to Separate Files (which you should do regularly for backup), open the nfo file and delete the <fileinfo></fileinfo> tags and everything in between. Then Refresh back into the library.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-04-21, 09:51)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-04-21, 09:30)Rudders Wrote: This has stopped working again for 18.6.  Playing for 2 secs doesn't work again. I have to change the filename by one letter and scan again.  Bit of a mission with a few hundred episodes and movies.
Yes, this was changed. Playing a video no longer updates the stream details in the library database. 
That's a shame. Why was it changed? It was a good thing, but now it's not hassle free as you now have extra steps to do to correct and update a simple option that worked  Sad
(2020-04-23, 09:51)Rudders Wrote: That's a shame. Why was it changed? It was a good thing, but now it's not hassle free as you now have extra steps to do to correct and update a simple option that worked 
Yes, it is a shame and I have absolutely no idea why it was changed. There was a bug in early v18, and this new method was implemented. It does make it a hassle to update stream details but keep playcounts and other changes in the library.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16342
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
is the latest version of Kodi 18.8 is still can change the metadata when updating episode
as i see in the Kodi 18.6 is can't do that because u said in that version fixing a bug in early v18
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
(2020-08-23, 02:10)3500 Wrote: is the latest version of Kodi 18.8 is still can change the metadata when updating episode
Nope, it is still the same. You have to Refresh the episode to update the flags. Updating the entire tv show won't do it, it has to be the episode.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi does not always update episode metadata0