Home Assistant integration
I think it'd be a neat idea for Team Kodi to work with the developers of Home Assistant. A formal partnership which will create a tight integration between Kodi and Home Assistant.

The integration would add an (optional) Home Assistant option to the Kodi home screen menu. Through which the user can manage and control their Home Assistant.

It would be an integration that wouldn't depend upon an erratically supported 3rd party add-on, but which would instead be stable, reliable and long-term. Providing the user with an easy to manage open-source home automation via the familiarity and ease of the Kodi interface.

Happy to be schooled if this a stupid or unworkable suggestion.
Thread moved to feature requests.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Looks like it uses JSON to work now

https://home-assistant.io/components/media_player.kodi/
But that's the other way around (controlling kodi via home assistant) - just saying ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
As you could probably tell I skimmed the OP and missed
(2017-11-09, 15:05)Hidentity Wrote: The integration would add an (optional) Home Assistant option to the Kodi home screen menu. Through which the user can manage and control their Home Assistant.
Small details make a big difference
I have been contemplating this for a while, perhaps leveraging hadashboard.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Still no kodi addon to control my lights thru home assistant?
I would be happy to operate HomeAssistant from Kodi.
No addon so far...
I have had the same question for a while already so this weekend I decided to see if I was able to create such an addon. Please let me know what you think of it...

https://github.com/LaTrappe/HAKA/
(2020-10-22, 23:13)Jasper_H585 Wrote: I have had the same question for a while already so this weekend I decided to see if I was able to create such an addon. Please let me know what you think of it...

Thank you! Got it installed. Works great for simple toggles - pretty sure this is going to be the start of something great.
Only way I could think it could be better is if there is a way to have more tile like layout - not sure if Kodi will let that happen tough.
Hi,
Does it allow to switch lights on or off when Kodi player starts or stops ?
thanks.
(2020-10-31, 20:11)NeBouse Wrote: Hi,
Does it allow to switch lights on or off when Kodi player starts or stops ?
thanks.

This can be done easily with the Kodi integration in Home Assistant itself. You can listen to events and do stuff based on that.
(2020-10-22, 23:13)Jasper_H585 Wrote: I have had the same question for a while already so this weekend I decided to see if I was able to create such an addon. Please let me know what you think of it...

I liked it.
It started and works charmingly.
i guess it could be used through skinning as kind of control panel, right?
(for example, to have dimable lights dim, coloured changing color, setting up temperature with climate, and so).

Thank You for the work
(2020-11-16, 10:25)branitelj91 Wrote: i guess it could be used through skinning as kind of control panel, right?
(for example, to have dimable lights dim, coloured changing color, setting up temperature with climate, and so).

I initially was thinking of adding this to the context menu, but then I did found out context menu's are not available in script.xx plugins (only in video or music plugins).
(2020-10-28, 05:48)StJohnny22 Wrote: Only way I could think it could be better is if there is a way to have more tile like layout - not sure if Kodi will let that happen tough.
Guess its possible through skinning. I`m totally not into this so decided to stick to the normal layout of Kodi though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home Assistant integration0