[solved] Does iOS version read .nfo files?
*** UPDATE! ***
Kodi perfectly works. I don't (see below). Tongue

Hi, I just installed Kodi on my iPad.

I added my NAS as source but I see that, differently from Kodi on my Android box, the iOS version seems to ignore my custom .nfo files.

I've several personalized TV series and none of them are detected by iOS Kodi (they perfectly work on my Android machine).

Is that a limit of the iOS version or is there any setting that needs to be activated?

Thanks.
If the .nfo files have the proper contents, Kodi in IOS should also see them.
Yep - using nfo only scraper without issues on iOS and tvOS
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hmmm... that's strange then. My Android box Kodi version reads the NFO files correctly, my iPad Pro Kodi simply ignores them. It's the same source... 🤔
debug log (wiki)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2017-11-13, 09:13)Memphiz Wrote: debug log (wiki)

Thanks. How can I extract it from iPad?
via itunes - select your ipad and then point it to "file sharing" (not sure if this is the correct term they use in english) - then select the kodi app in the middle of itunes and copy the kodi.log from there.
(2017-11-13, 20:36)Memphiz Wrote: via itunes - select your ipad and then point it to "file sharing" (not sure if this is the correct term they use in english) - then select the kodi app in the middle of itunes and copy the kodi.log from there.

Thanks Memphiz, found it. Smile

Here's my log file:

kodi.log

The structure of my custom .NFO directory is:

tvshow.nfo
Code:
<tvshow>
<title>Futurama</title>
<season>7</season>
<displayseason>1</displayseason>
<displayepisode>1</displayepisode>
<plot>Futurama è una serie animata fantascientifica per adulti creata da Matt Groening ambientata nel 31-esimo secolo.
La serie segue le disavventure di un ragazzo delle consegne newyorkese del 20-esimo secolo, Philip Fry, che dopo essere stato accidentalmente congelato per mille anni, si risveglia e trova un nuovo lavoro tra l'equipaggio di una nave interplanetaria adibita alle consegne per un improbabile piccola azienda del futuro, insieme ad un robot cleptomane e avvinazzato, ad un aliena monocola ed altri personaggi.</plot>
<genre></genre>
<premiered></premiered>
<studio></studio>
</tvshow>

single video file
Code:
<episodedetails>
<title>Pilota spaziale 3000</title>
<season>1</season>
<episode>1</episode>
<plot>Un fattorino portapizza di nome Fry si trova a consegnare una pizza in un centro criogenico, il 31 dicembre 1999. Per errore cade in una camera di ibernazione risvegliandosi 1000 anni dopo. Qui fa la conoscenza di Leela, impiegata nel centro criogenico e del robot con tendenze suicide Bender. Insieme a loro si mette alla ricerca di un lavoro trovandolo da un suo pro-pro-pronipote... il professor Farnsworth, uno scienziato pazzo che dirige la ditta di spedizioni spaziali Planet Express.</plot>
<aired>01-01-1999</aired>
</episodedetails>

I don't know if all tags are correct and/or if I used them correctly but they perfectly work on my Minix U1 (Android 5.x).
On iPad they're simply ignored and the TV Serie (Futurama in this case*) doesn't appear.

* I know there's Futurama on TMDB but it's all strangely formatted, as they follow the TV aired order and not real one. Smile
*** UPDATE! ***

Sorry guys, I'm an idiot. Smile

I forgot that when I manually add a custom TV serie some images needs to be manually added. So, seeing the simple folder icon, I was thinking Kodi didn't process it. But it did! Tongue

Sorry everyone, I'm a noob. Big Grin
Code:
Skipping dir 'smb://<ip>/Nadine/[movies]/4 - cartoni animati/Futurama/' due to no change

mhhh those nfo files are in that folder right? Can you try to add a fake folder with simply one nfs file like here for example https://pastebin.com/rSLhdgem (this is generated from ViMediaManager) - just rename it to blablah.nfo and put a blahblah.mkv beside it in a folder. Then scrape that folder and post the debug log (wiki)

edit: - nevermind - have read your update now ...
(2017-11-13, 21:25)Memphiz Wrote:
Code:
Skipping dir 'smb://<ip>/Nadine/[movies]/4 - cartoni animati/Futurama/' due to no change

mhhh those nfo files are in that folder right? Can you try to add a fake folder with simply one nfs file like here for example https://pastebin.com/rSLhdgem (this is generated from ViMediaManager) - just rename it to blablah.nfo and put a blahblah.mkv beside it in a folder. Then scrape that folder and post the debug log (wiki)

edit: - nevermind - have read your update now ... 

Kodi is right. It correctly scanned the custom TV Show the first time. But, as I wrote above, I was thinking it didn't as it showed the "no image" folder. So, the following times, it correctly skipped them as there were no changes.
It's all my fault, since I've made those custom things years ago and then forgot about how to set them up correctly (i.e. adding poster images). Wink

Thanks for your help, and sorry for the trouble. BTW: I just ordered an Amazon TV stick, as Apple TV prices are mad. So no more need to organize things on iOS. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[solved] Does iOS version read .nfo files?0