Bug revert setResolvedUrl behaviour to not need to specify video or audio type in Leia
Please could you revert the new setResolvedUrl functionality to not depend on the ListItem having set the type to either video or audio. Just default to video if it isn't set.
If addon links are added as Favourites it still works by defaulting to video.

This is breaking a lot of my addons that use xbmcswift2 to resolve urls which only set the ListItem 'path'.
I expect there are a lot of other addons that also just pass a url path without specifying the type.
After a bit of digging around I'm not sure that is entirely true.
The log message is
python:
WARNING: Playlist Player: ListItem type must be audio or video, use ListItem:: setInfo to specify!
and the code that causes that in Leia but not Krypton is:
python:
plugin.set_resolved_url(url)
which is an xbmcswift2 function to call xbmcplugin.setResolvedUrl.
It does actually set the ListItem info type to 'video', so I'm not sure where Kodi is getting confused.
Sounds like xbmcswift2 needs an update... This is the kinda issue you can run into when using "wrappers"/"routers"/"ORMs"/what have you.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I don't think anyone has the energy to update xbmcswift2. There are lots of pull requests that have been ignored.

I knew it was a bad idea to rely on it but it does save a ton of code and makes the layout nice and neat.

I expect this new change has something to do with the InputStream addons needing a few more parameters but I haven't started rooting around in the Kodi source yet.
There are newer wrappers around that replace xbmcswift
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-11-09, 23:19)Martijn Wrote: There are newer wrappers around that replace xbmcswift
 Can you name them? I have seen script.module.routing which looks good but xbmcswift is a lot more than just url routing.

kodiswift is newer than xbmcswift2, but that also appears to be abandoned. Has any thought been given to officially supporting it? For anyone that uses it it would be a huge backward step to go back to the standard API.
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
revert setResolvedUrl behaviour to not need to specify video or audio type in Leia0