How do you manage various mp3 of different artist
Hi All,

I am using the following structure for my Music:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Music_tagging

tagging is done with MusicBrainz and scraping with Universal Album/Artist Scraper. Everything is ok.
My folder structure has a Compilations folder (see link above) where I put Album produced by multiple Artists. Sometime multiple Artist cooperate to create an Album or simply there are Best 80/Best 90 compilations with multiple artists.
So far so good.
The problem now is that I have hundreds of mp3 of different songs belonging to different album. Tipically 500 songs in 500 different albums. Tagging them with MusicBrainz associate each one to its own album. Letting scrapers scan these mp3 will generate 500 album with one song each.

How do you manage this frequent scenario (I think everyone has a collection of hundreds of mp3 belonging to different albums).
Thanks in advance for your support.
(2017-11-10, 10:50)sasadangelo Wrote: Hi All,
The problem now is that I have hundreds of mp3 of different songs belonging to different album. Tipically 500 songs in 500 different albums. Tagging them with MusicBrainz associate each one to its own album. Letting scrapers scan these mp3 will generate 500 album with one song each.

How do you manage this frequent scenario (I think everyone has a collection of hundreds of mp3 belonging to different albums).
Thanks in advance for your support.
Not something I do myself, but yes a lot of people do just have single songs rather than whole albums. However I guess some of them are happy to have the album info, or maybe they simply do not point the album scraper at them. However I think you want Kodi to treat these as singles.

If the music files do not have Musicbrainz ID tags, by also leaving out the album title Kodi will treat it as a single.

I have not tested but I believe that with Musicbrainz tagging you can tag a track as a separate item, not part of an album. Kodi will take that as a single. Hence I think you can achieve what you want by using Picard differently, and not tagging the track as part of an album.
Ok thank you. I'll try it.
Difficulty I think is MusicBrainz has a hierarchy of work -- recording -- release

A work is the songwriter / lyricist product.

A (sound) recording is a specific performance of a work by an artist.

A release is 1 or more recordings grouped in a tangible medium.

A work can have many different recordings, by the same or different performers (artists).

A recording can appear in/on one or more releases.

The problem for a user is mapping recordings to Kodi "tracks" and releases to Kodi "albums/singles". It's kind of up to the user what he wants to achieve in his library.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you manage various mp3 of different artist0