Bug illustrations Saga
Sad 
Hello,

I have a problem with sagas illustrations, there is a bug.

I wanted to create a custom folder for illustrations of sagas in addition to the movie folder, to use Artwork Beef, see this topic for the reason:
2665711 (post)
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258886&page=11

The problem is that the illustrations are created in the custom folder, except for a new added movie that contains no data '' nfo etc. '' otherwise the illustrations will not be created, even if we redo a search for a movie.
Moreover, I realized that if we launch a new search, the actor file and the saga illustrations are not updated.

Also, if we remove from the movie folder '' movieset-fanart or movieset-poster '' they will not be recreated even by launching a new search, and the .actor folder which also is not updated:

To do this, I would have to delete all the data from the movie files and relaunch a new search of all my movies to have the illustrations of sagas ...

Thank you.

edit: I use the latest version 2.9.6, updated just now
Did you scrape the movieset, or the movie?
I guess, we only write the images when scraping moviesets, but probably not on adding/removing movies to sets.
It's a kinda neglected feature....

.actors is a folder and maybe the pictures didn't change? So the date won't also....

Quote:Artwork Beef doesn't support movie set artwork in the library directly next to media files, "movieset-poster.jpg"
Well, whilst you may not like that, but this is the way to go for Kodi (up to now)
see http://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork#Movieset_Fanart

Didn't hear about ArtworkBeef before... so dunno if we need to change something;
and not to break existings installations....
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Hello,

Yes I spoke well after scrape.
Remove the illustrations from a movie folder and do a scrape, you will see that saga illustrations will not be added, or a scrape to refresh, again it will not be done on illustrations sagas !
What I mean is that there is a concern with the images of sagas if we want to update by performing a scrape and so on. While all other illustrations will be updated on the date of the last scrape.
Hard hard translation, sorry ...

ArtworkBeef has advantages, recent and a follow-up, as for example to automatically look for the illustrations on new added films.
If 7 films added, he will only look for the illustrations for these 7 films etc. while artworkdownloader is no longer updated and the APIs are no longer very good.

I will rename the illustrations so they have the same name as the movie, like the link and follow the instructions, thanks.

But there is still a concern with the saga illustrations as I told you, it is especially what I wanted to emphasize and not the use of beef.

See you soon, thanks again.
Single movie in directory:

movieset-fanart.jpg/png

f:\MyMovies\Big Buck Bunny (2008)\movieset-fanart.jpg/png

Oops, I misunderstood your answer, my folders are good and the name of the illustrations too.
For reference, an updated Movie Sets wiki page for Kodi... http://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_Sets
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The wiki points to Movie Set Artwork Automator for movie set support, then completely disregards the options that MSAA allows for.

Where does th idea that movie set artwork should be stored in each movie directory as "movieset-fanart.jpg" come from? TinyMediaManager seems to be the only tool with this option, so that's just talking in circles. Kodi itself has zero support for movie set artwork files (it will not export nor import any movie set images itself), but the community has had a convention for a long time (MSAA's very first version was released before Frodo), which also has more support (TMM itself, Ember, and MSAA at least), and is much less troublesome: storing movieset info with movies leaves duplicates everywhere (or many potential places for duplicates), dealing with duplicates is a pain when someone want to change an image (even troublesome for an application to do, but expect a user to replace every instance of an image if they do it by hand? Better chances in Vegas), and deciding which of these equally valid duplicates should be used (the users that replace just one of the many duplicates are also likely the loudest to complain about tools picking one of the others).
TMM also allows you to create a custom folder for saga illustrations, that's how the illustrations in this folder will be named =>
TMM makes it easy to choose the illustrations (fanart, poster) that will be added during the kodi local scrappe.
After we like it or not, but a file by movie with the indications are what is better (illustration + nfo + extrat file fanart + Theme audio etc.).
It is a personal choice, everyone finds or not its benefits, I am very satisfied with TMM and artwork beef that is growing too.
(2017-11-10, 23:34)rmrector Wrote: The wiki points to Movie Set Artwork Automator for movie set support, then completely disregards the options that MSAA allows for.

Where does th idea that movie set artwork should be stored in each movie directory as "movieset-fanart.jpg" come from? TinyMediaManager seems to be the only tool with this option, so that's just talking in circles. Kodi itself has zero support for movie set artwork files (it will not export nor import any movie set images itself), but the community has had a convention for a long time (MSAA's very first version was released before Frodo), which also has more support (TMM itself, Ember, and MSAA at least), and is much less troublesome: storing movieset info with movies leaves duplicates everywhere (or many potential places for duplicates), dealing with duplicates is a pain when someone want to change an image (even troublesome for an application to do, but expect a user to replace every instance of an image if they do it by hand? Better chances in Vegas), and deciding which of these equally valid duplicates should be used (the users that replace just one of the many duplicates are also likely the loudest to complain about tools picking one of the others).

Where does the wiki point to that thread? Not in the Movie Sets wiki page.

If
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-11-11, 03:42)Karellen Wrote: ...

Where does the wiki point to that thread? Not in the Movie Sets wiki page.

If 

At the bottom of the movie sets wiki page, there is a link for Movie Set Artwork that goes to the bottom of the Movie Artwork page, which links to MSAA twice.

It looks like your next thought got cut off, but I just (well, hours ago now) noticed the thread for the artwork changes, and I just left a massive braindump there. My internet ESP tells me that you were going to point me in that direction (ohhmyglob it's too late please forgive me).
Right, I was looking at the Movie Sets page I linked previously.

Just a blooper at the end of my last post. It was just the single question I was asking.

I wrote using TMM as the basis, because that is what I use and it works well and is logical for me. If you or others have a different method, then please feel free to append details in the appropriate area. If you don't have a wiki account, write it up and I can add it in. I won't be revisiting that page soon as I am busy working on other pages.

Personally, I don't store my movie sets as shown in that first post. Nor do I use a single artwork folder.
My Signature
Hello,

I finally managed to put the illustrations in a personalized directory whereas before I had them in the files of the movies.
For that I still had to initialize the TMM database and start a new scraping.

Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
illustrations Saga0