• 2(current)
Release Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons for LibreELEC (RPi/Generic).
hi @bite_your_idols

Thanks for this although i cant get it to run using OSMC. Can you test it using OSMC. It installs ok but when i go to launch it from programs menu it pops up says "Do you wish to exit kodi and start emulationstation". When i click yes nothing happens.

Looking at the config files, openelec uses a different directory structure to osmc. /storage/ is what openelec uses i believe but osmc default directory is /home/osmc.

So maybe this is why its not working, if you could have a test on OSMC be great thanks.
I made some tests in OSMC and prepared some code for that deistro but finally I gave up. Retroarch binaries from open/libreELEC don't work in OSMC and the most important issue: The scripts fpr stopping kodi, launching retroarch and listen to quit retroarch for getting back to kodi are very different.
If anyone wants to help me doing that addon version I will apreciate that, but by the moment the addon only works in Libre/OpenELEC, sorry.

PD: In OSMC you can try Retrosmc.
(2016-06-27, 22:01)bite_your_idols Wrote: I made some tests in OSMC and prepared some code for that deistro but finally I gave up. Retroarch binaries from open/libreELEC don't work in OSMC and the most important issue: The scripts fpr stopping kodi, launching retroarch and listen to quit retroarch for getting back to kodi are very different.
If anyone wants to help me doing that addon version I will apreciate that, but by the moment the addon only works in Libre/OpenELEC, sorry.

PD: In OSMC you can try Retrosmc.

No worries yeah ill give retrosmc a go.

I unistalled your addon from programs menu. Is there any other files i need to delete to unistall it completely not that it should interfere with anything.

Thanks
Check if you have the "emulators" folder in home/osmc, you can delete it. Also can be a folder called .config with some folders inside you can delete (advancedlauncher, emulationstation and retroarch).
(2016-06-27, 22:15)bite_your_idols Wrote: Check if you have the "emulators" folder in home/osmc, you can delete it. Also can be a folder called .config with some folders inside you can delete (advancedlauncher, emulationstation and retroarch).

Thats great thanks for your time.

Keep up the good work Smile

Good luck
Its working great- awesome addon - thx- my logitech rumble pad 2 works great too
New addon version release!
Gamestarter v2.0.4  (changelog)

enjoy!
seems promising! Nice work. One quick question, can you load roms from nas?
(2016-07-22, 16:51)jolid Wrote: seems promising! Nice work. One quick question, can you load roms from nas?

You can load roms from any source you added to kodi.
This is an nice addon, now I can really take advantage of my Raspberry Pi 3 and my PS3 Dualshock controllers...

System:    Host: desktopp Kernel: 5.10.8-051008-generic x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: Cinnamon 4.8.6
           Distro: Linux Mint 20.1 Ulyssa
Machine:   Type: Desktop Mobo: ASUSTeK model: ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING v: Rev 1.xx
           serial: <superuser/root required> UEFI: American Megatrends v: 3103 date: 06/17/2020
CPU:       6-Core: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X type: MT MCP speed: 3791 MHz min/max: 2200/3800 MHz
Graphics:  Device-1: AMD Ellesmere [Radeon RX 470/480/570/570X/580/580X/590] driver: amdgpu
           v: kernel
           Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.9 driver: amdgpu,ati unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa
           resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz
           OpenGL: renderer: Radeon RX 590 Series (POLARIS10 DRM 3.40.0 5.10.8-051008-generic
           LLVM 11.0.1)
           v: 4.6 Mesa 21.1.0-devel (git-0747332 2021-01-20 focal-oibaf-ppa)
Network:   Device-1: Intel I211 Gigabit Network driver: igb
Drives:    Local Storage: total: 4.57 TiB used: 1.40 TiB (30.7%)

New addon version release!
Gamestarter v2.1.0  (changelog)

- RetroArch 1.3.6
- CaveStory, Quake and Doom libretro ports included.
- mame2003-libretro core update including Hiscores and config file for in-core settings menu.
- New crt-pi shader for retroarch.

enjoy!
ive been dual booting, but this sounds a lot more interesting, cant wait to get home tonight and give it a try
I have an box running Openelec 5.95.5. Will this addon work on it? Thanks in advance!
Wink 
(2016-07-28, 05:09)startreksuite Wrote: I have an box running Openelec 5.95.5. Will this addon work on it? Thanks in advance!

It should work. Big Grin
This sound exactly what I'm looking for my PI.
But it will raise a question: in the near future I'd like to quit using the PI for kodi and switch to a intel NUC with kodibuntu, would this addon work on the NUC too?
If not, why is that and someone does have a suggestion for a seetup to play mame games on the NUC?
TIA
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons for LibreELEC (RPi/Generic).1