• 4(current)
Release Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons for LibreELEC (RPi/Generic).
Im using RPI 3 with libreelec and this addon.

1. How to optimize the performance on n64 and psx. my games are running not smooth and are lagging horrible..
2. My games are starting on a detected core for psx. How can i change the core and what are the best cores for psx and n64?
3. How can i use external emulators for IARL (which is a super nice plugin, ty for this one)
(2016-12-25, 20:07)robbryjo Wrote: Im using RPI 3 with libreelec and this addon.

1. How to optimize the performance on n64 and psx. my games are running not smooth and are lagging horrible..

I have the same problem too.
1- n64 can be still choppy with some games, I didn't test it deeply because it is not a system I like but it should run decently according to ohter users. PSX should run fine in most of games, I tried a lot of them in mi Pi2 and they run smoothly... are you using the proper power supply and quality/fast microSD? did you overclock your pi?

2- this addon just includes only a psx core: pcsx_rearmed
For another systems, if you use Advanced(Emulator)launcher, you can edit with context menu the default core. When using emulationstation you must edit "es_systems" file manually. In retroarch you can assign a default core per system in settings menu.

3- IARL is a little tricky, I can make it run following these steps: https://github.com/bite-your-idols/Games.../issues/31

If still having performance issues, try updating your system.

By the way, I am working on new v2.7 with new retroarch 1.4.0 and its netplay features. Also I am trying to include the new Nintendo DS emulator what runs really smooth, DraStic.
Stay tuned.
(2017-02-02, 10:39)bite_your_idols Wrote: 1- n64 can be still choppy with some games, I didn't test it deeply because it is not a system I like but it should run decently according to ohter users. PSX should run fine in most of games, I tried a lot of them in mi Pi2 and they run smoothly... are you using the proper power supply and quality/fast microSD? did you overclock your pi?

2- this addon just includes only a psx core: pcsx_rearmed
For another systems, if you use Advanced(Emulator)launcher, you can edit with context menu the default core. When using emulationstation you must edit "es_systems" file manually. In retroarch you can assign a default core per system in settings menu.

3- IARL is a little tricky, I can make it run following these steps: https://github.com/bite-your-idols/Games.../issues/31

If still having performance issues, try updating your system.

By the way, I am working on new v2.7 with new retroarch 1.4.0 and its netplay features. Also I am trying to include the new Nintendo DS emulator what runs really smooth, DraStic.
Stay tuned.

I'm working on updating IARL to be more compatible with Gamestarter. Let me know if there's anything specifically that you think would make it easier!
As you can see in my github "instructions" I can make your addon run like this:

Quote:After installing Gamestarter go to addon settings -> "download iarl & repo".
It will download 2 zip files into /storage folder (addon and creators repo). Install both and update addon if an update is available. Note that iarl addon installs a lot of dependencies and needed addons, so you must let it install everything until you see the "addon installed" notification.

After iarl is installed, these are the steps I follow to get it working with gamestarter:

addon settings:
-external launcher : My system type: openelec RPi (Gamestarter addon)
-external launcher : RetroArch System folder (leave blank)

System list - context menu:
- update launcher: external
- update EXternal Launch command : select system -> YES

Enter system then launch game.

If you think there is a "easiest way" please let me know.

About changes, you can change Openelec Rpi (Gamestarter addon) references to "Gamestarter addon (Libre/OpenELEC RPi)" since LibreELEC is more used nowadays.

Also remenber my addon launching path: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.gamestarter/resources/bin/gamestarter.sh "core/system" "rom".
By the moment "core/system" names are the names of the libretro core without "_libretro.so" except for amiga and WIP nintendo ds (amiga and nds). For next versions I am thinking about launching every system with the rom older name instead (nes, snes, gb, gba, nds, psx...), and then in run script detect the default core for each one so users can select the desired ones in addon settings.

Finally I would like to know if there is an easy way to set all systems as "External launcher". I can have some files changed and then when users download your addon from mine I can overwrite them in order to make them easier to use it, or something similar... [/quote]

Thanks zach!
Gamestarter v2.7 released!
https://github.com/bite-your-idols/Games...es/tag/2.7

enjoy!
(2017-02-03, 09:21)bite_your_idols Wrote: As you can see in my github "instructions" I can make your addon run like this:

Quote:After installing Gamestarter go to addon settings -> "download iarl & repo".
It will download 2 zip files into /storage folder (addon and creators repo). Install both and update addon if an update is available. Note that iarl addon installs a lot of dependencies and needed addons, so you must let it install everything until you see the "addon installed" notification.

After iarl is installed, these are the steps I follow to get it working with gamestarter:

addon settings:
-external launcher : My system type: openelec RPi (Gamestarter addon)
-external launcher : RetroArch System folder (leave blank)

System list - context menu:
- update launcher: external
- update EXternal Launch command : select system -> YES

Enter system then launch game.

If you think there is a "easiest way" please let me know.

About changes, you can change Openelec Rpi (Gamestarter addon) references to "Gamestarter addon (Libre/OpenELEC RPi)" since LibreELEC is more used nowadays.

Also remenber my addon launching path: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.gamestarter/resources/bin/gamestarter.sh "core/system" "rom".
By the moment "core/system" names are the names of the libretro core without "_libretro.so" except for amiga and WIP nintendo ds (amiga and nds). For next versions I am thinking about launching every system with the rom older name instead (nes, snes, gb, gba, nds, psx...), and then in run script detect the default core for each one so users can select the desired ones in addon settings.

Finally I would like to know if there is an easy way to set all systems as "External launcher". I can have some files changed and then when users download your addon from mine I can overwrite them in order to make them easier to use it, or something similar...

Thanks zach!
[/quote]

The setup you describe is pretty much the setup you get after you run the wizard per setup instructions here.

The commands sent to start a game match what I think your addon requires. Commands are listed here

I just sent an update that changes what the default settings are for each game system when the wizard is run for a gamestarter setup. Here are the default core's I have setup. A lot of the archives I've ended up hiding by default since there isn't a reliable MAME/MESS core to run older systems like Atari 800 / 5200, Coleco, C64, etc.

Amiga I still need to get updated somehow, to create a uae4arm config file post game download.
(2017-02-04, 05:29)zachmorris Wrote: The setup you describe is pretty much the setup you get after you run the wizard per setup instructions here.

The commands sent to start a game match what I think your addon requires. Commands are listed here

I just sent an update that changes what the default settings are for each game system when the wizard is run for a gamestarter setup. Here are the default core's I have setup. A lot of the archives I've ended up hiding by default since there isn't a reliable MAME/MESS core to run older systems like Atari 800 / 5200, Coleco, C64, etc.

Amiga I still need to get updated somehow, to create a uae4arm config file post game download.

Ok, I need to test your wizard again.

About amiga, I can tell you gamestarter creates a config file per game on the fly as you can see here.

keep on doing the good work!
after i installed the latest gamestarte-pi 2.7 on kodi 7.0.1 on a rpi 3, advanced launcher is not seeing my roms. when i try to lunch an emulator it says that no roms are found. i am running a raspbery pi 3
item list is empty also i have copied roms on the rpi
did you try to scan/add roms using context menu?
did you copy roms to /storage/emulators/roms/"your_desired_system_name" folder?
done, that was the issue, i had to add item from context menu. one more thing, how to i scrape using advanced launcher? i can't find any option
I can tell you right now since I don't use that addon any more, I switched to Advanced Emulator Launcher when I move to LibreELEC 8. I recommend you to give it a try, it is awesome, scrappers work fine and it has support from its developer.
In gamestarter for Open/LibreELEC I still include AL since it is compatible with old OS versions, AEL just works with Kodi 16+.
Sorry for stupid question where could we find roms ?
Gamestarter v2.8 released!
https://github.com/bite-your-idols/Games...es/tag/2.8

enjoy!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons for LibreELEC (RPi/Generic).1