• 5(current)
Release Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons for LibreELEC (RPi/Generic).
Hi bite_your_idols! Is it possible to use your addon on x32-64 architecture? Thank you
Sorry, just for Pi.
2,8 LE edition crashes instantly on start on kodi 18 alpha in libreelec 9.0
(2017-06-02, 17:38)SharpCoder Wrote: 2,8 LE edition crashes instantly on start on kodi 18 alpha in libreelec 9.0

Yes, Kodi 18/LIbreELEC 9 alphas are test builds, so they are for developers and betatesters, not for daily driver. Millhouse is doing an awesome work but in order to test some new features/components he is building daily and removing/including/changing things constantly, so, for now, I am not going to release a new addon version for these testbuilds. This doen't mean I am not testing it in these builds.

Also, in LibreELEC 9/Kodi 18 retroplayer is included so you can use it.
Gamestarter v2.9 Pre-release!
https://github.com/bite-your-idols/Games...i/releases

enjoy!
Sorry too pop-up here as a new user and ask dumb questions right away Smile
biut actually i have been silently reading this forum, and now have to just ask:

What happens to all of my emulationstation configurations, (and also retroarch configs) when i update your gamestarter script...
because i already know, that your installation-routine will lead me to re install emulationstation.
finally scraped all my games, tweaked all retroarch core settings, included bezel overlays, etc....
is there a way to keep it like it is, but still benefit from your update?
In addon settings you can backup your configs. After update, reinstall ES then restore your backup.

Also, you can manually copy/paste your /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.gamestarter/emulationstation folder, what is the same thing.

If you are nor sure, you can create a backup image of your system, just in case.
Hi everyone,

first of, thank you @bite_your_idols for making this installation so easy on Kodi. I've just set up LibreElec for the first time and Gamestarter fit right in. However, I don't seem to get most of the emulators going. I'm using the Internet Archive Addon for Kodi to start games but so far I've only gotten it to work with an NES title (Super Mario Broth) - when I try SNES it just crashes and Kodi restarts.

What can I give you to enable to help me to find out what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks and regards,
rien
grrrml

i tried the whole Day to start Gamestarter under OSMC and after go crazying i search the Web...and read on side 2 of this Threat:

"I made some tests in OSMC and prepared some code for that deistro but finally I gave up." Confused

Please, PLEASE, please please....bring it to run under OSMC-Kodi

all runs perfect with Internet Archive and so...download, converting..all OK but then "biep" -End of Party-

it is planned to bring it on OSMC? please....

TimeSpirit

PS: make a Hint on Gamestarter Manual "Didnt run with OSMC"
(2017-06-02, 17:38)SharpCoder Wrote: 2,8 LE edition crashes instantly on start on kodi 18 alpha in libreelec 9.0

Now you can try v2.9 for LE9 alpha version: https://github.com/bite-your-idols/Games...i/releases it is just the same as LE8 but adding a missing lib, it works for me in latest testbuild.

(2017-06-12, 17:20)rien-ne-va-plus Wrote: Hi everyone,

first of, thank you @bite_your_idols for making this installation so easy on Kodi. I've just set up LibreElec for the first time and Gamestarter fit right in. However, I don't seem to get most of the emulators going. I'm using the Internet Archive Addon for Kodi to start games but so far I've only gotten it to work with an NES title (Super Mario Broth) - when I try SNES it just crashes and Kodi restarts.

What can I give you to enable to help me to find out what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks and regards,
rien

I think is something related with how IARL names cores, I have to take a look and talk to @zachmorris

(2017-06-12, 18:19)TimeSpirit Wrote: grrrml

i tried the whole Day to start Gamestarter under OSMC and after go crazying i search the Web...and read on side 2 of this Threat:

"I made some tests in OSMC and prepared some code for that deistro but finally I gave up." Confused

Please, PLEASE, please please....bring it to run under OSMC-Kodi

all runs perfect with Internet Archive and so...download, converting..all OK but then "biep" -End of Party-

it is planned to bring it on OSMC? please....

TimeSpirit

PS: make a Hint on Gamestarter Manual "Didnt run with OSMC"

sorry, I am not going to make it work in OSMC, I remember that there was a project called RetrOSMC that installs retropie into OSMC so you can take a look. I am just focused into LibreELEC since it is becoming Kodi's "official" OS and the system I use...

Also, I uploaded a v2.9 version for Generic x86_64 LE8, if someone wants to test it and give me feedback I can continue developing that version.

Finally, new v2.9 pre-release update, now you can download/update cores, one by one from Libretro's buildbot or download/update the whole Lakka's core pack. Also I updated included AEL & IARL versions (I have to test the latest since naming seems not to be ok).

https://github.com/bite-your-idols/Games...i/releases

enjoy!
Hi bite_your_idols,

Just tested out 2.9 on LE8 and works great.

Thanks for the effort you're putting into this.
(2017-07-10, 01:42)kjb85 Wrote: Hi bite_your_idols,

Just tested out 2.9 on LE8 and works great.

Thanks for the effort you're putting into this.

Glad to hear that!

by the way... a new addon package for Linux Generic x86_64 uploaded.

enjoy!
(2017-06-11, 10:55)bite_your_idols Wrote: In addon settings you can backup your configs. After update, reinstall ES then restore your backup.

Also, you can manually copy/paste your /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.gamestarter/emulationstation folder, what is the same thing.

If you are nor sure, you can create a backup image of your system, just in case.

well, that didnt work Sad
when i applied the restore backup function, my AEL now onlys gives error messages and won't run anything. can't use ist.
the backup of emulationstation worked fine.
but in retroarch there is at least one setting that is now messed up - it now has a crt-shader over eveything, which makes my system stutter, and i had deactivated before i did the backup.
(2017-07-13, 12:10)Moti77 Wrote: when i applied the restore backup function, my AEL now onlys gives error messages and won't run anything. can't use ist.

Last AEL version has change some xml tags so previous categories xml gives error Sad you can go back to AEL 0.9.5, you can edit your xml manually (i did it and it is quite boring), you can use new XML coming in Gamestarter and edit your lists or you can ask for help in AEL's official forum thread (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=287826), maybe there is a better way to update category xml...

EDIT: from AEL 0-9-6 release notes:

Upgrade from previous version of AEL
1) After upgrading to 0.9.6 go to AEL settings >> IO tab and execute "Check/Update all databases ...". If you don't do this AEL will crash constantly.
2) Some platform names have changed. Obsolete platform names will be changed to Unknown. If the scrapers are not searching well go to Edit Launcher context menu and change the platform to a new one.
3) If you use No-Intro DATs to audit your launchers make sure to go to "Edit launcher" >> "Audit ROMs" >> "Update ROM audit".
4) If you are upgrading from 0.9.5 or earlier make sure to read the 0.9.6-beta1 release notes.

(2017-07-13, 12:10)Moti77 Wrote: but in retroarch there is at least one setting that is now messed up - it now has a crt-shader over eveything, which makes my system stutter, and i had deactivated before i did the backup.

did you save your config before backup? did you open retroarch before restore backup? you can edit retroarch config file and try to remove that option, it is so weird...
(2017-07-13, 12:18)bite_your_idols Wrote: Last AEL version has change some xml tags so previous categories xml gives error Sad you can go back to AEL 0.9.5, you can edit your xml manually (i did it and it is quite boring)...
1) After upgrading to 0.9.6 go to AEL settings >> IO tab and execute "Check/Update all databases ...". If you don't do this AEL will crash constantly.

When I make changes in the database from version to version, the "Check/Update all databases ..." command should take care of upgrading everything. It is not necessary to update the database JSON files manually! Also, it is safe to execute "Check/Update all databases ..." more than once.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons for LibreELEC (RPi/Generic).1