• 10(current)
Release Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons for LibreELEC (RPi/Generic).
ok. first of all it is a neat app, but.
after installing it on my Pi with LibreElec 8.1.1 when ever i launch a game with my ps3 controller it shows a message the controller is not configured and I can do nothing then reboot my pi.
what do I missing?
Configured in libreelec and I worked in the emulation station menu it worked but in Retroarch and in Games it didn't worked
(2017-09-17, 07:42)tjost Wrote: ok. first of all it is a neat app, but.
after installing it on my Pi with LibreElec 8.1.1 when ever i launch a game with my ps3 controller it shows a message the controller is not configured and I can do nothing then reboot my pi.
what do I missing?
Configured in libreelec and I worked in the emulation station menu it worked but in Retroarch and in Games it didn't worked

Pi2 or Pi3? usb or bluetooth? genuine sony controller or chinese clon?

For a genuine sony DS3 controller these are the basic steps:
Plug it into your Pi3 or Pi2 (using bluetooth dongle), go to libreelec settings, enable bluetooth, press PS button and pair your controller. Then unplug it. The you can controll kodi with your DS3. Finally you should launch retroarch addon and it should work.

When retroarch starts, what is the message in bottom left corner?

@Wintermute0110 and @crono141 yesterday I achieve to enter AEL launcher rom list after existing retroarch. I used the suggested line as you can see here: https://github.com/bite-your-idols/Games...start#L215

@Wintermute0110 I didn't try your latest code changes yet, sorry, I just tried editing my addon launcher script, I am very busy these days... Now I need to change all launcher arguments like this: "core_name "$rom$" $categoryID$ $launcherID$ $romID$" in AEL assets library config files...
Hi..thanks for these addons...I m just a beginner with retro games on emulators
I m using Retroarch+Emulationstation and added few roms to try..In retroarch I got the cores and zips I need from menu and set all up with artwork...
Then opened emulationstation and got all the games there in a neat environment which I prefer then retroarch..games are launching properly from retroarch..

My issue is with the scraper...I m trying to scrape artwork for my games which is also working fine and I can see thumbnails to each game but each time I quit ES all the artwork is gone...I had a look in the thumbnail folder and all the thumbs downloaded by scraper are still there but not showing..

Is there any workaround for this?I m using the Quit option on the menu to close ES...

Thanks for any help..
(2017-09-19, 22:41)mariofenech Wrote: Hi..thanks for these addons...I m just a beginner with retro games on emulators
I m using Retroarch+Emulationstation and added few roms to try..In retroarch I got the cores and zips I need from menu and set all up with artwork...
Then opened emulationstation and got all the games there in a neat environment which I prefer then retroarch..games are launching properly from retroarch..

My issue is with the scraper...I m trying to scrape artwork for my games which is also working fine and I can see thumbnails to each game but each time I quit ES all the artwork is gone...I had a look in the thumbnail folder and all the thumbs downloaded by scraper are still there but not showing..

Is there any workaround for this?I m using the Quit option on the menu to close ES...

Thanks for any help..

Try with the new RA update 8.167.4, I removed an --ignore-gamelists flag I found in ES launcher script, that should do the trick.
since yesterday, when I launch a rom with the picodrive core, the addon crash and then reopen Libreelec
Just checking... I installed the Drastic DS emulator, and it is working fantastically, BUT, there is no cursor on the second screen. It was my understanding that there would be a cursor controlled by the left joystick. Is there something different about game starter version, or am I missing something.
(2017-10-29, 12:37)Nembo85 Wrote: since yesterday, when I launch a rom with the picodrive core, the addon crash and then reopen Libreelec

did you update core within retroarch online updater?

(2017-10-31, 07:42)Dalton63841 Wrote: Just checking... I installed the Drastic DS emulator, and it is working fantastically, BUT, there is no cursor on the second screen. It was my understanding that there would be a cursor controlled by the left joystick. Is there something different about game starter version, or am I missing something.

as I told you in LE forums I really don't know, maybe another user can tell you something else... Anyways, since I grabbed DraStic from retropie you can ask here: https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/7435...r-pi2-3/63
Hi I'm so glad I found this, the chance to play older games! I have libreelec installed on a intel NUC. However I can't find a step by step guide and I'm admittedly a noob at all this. I see lot of settings but don't know where to start... Could some kind person please write a quick step by step essentials to get a game up and running. I would really appreciate thank you

Sent from my HTC One_M8
(2017-11-09, 16:47)mwake Wrote: Hi I'm so glad I found this, the chance to play older games! I have libreelec installed on a intel NUC. However I can't find a step by step guide and I'm admittedly a noob at all this. I see lot of settings but don't know where to start... Could some kind person please write a quick step by step essentials to get a game up and running. I would really appreciate thank you

Sent from my HTC One_M8

That's strange... I can see the first post in this thread... maybe it has been deleted when forum updateHuh??
Anyways, you can tale a look to https://goo.gl/MyeLn9

In summary: install repo zip, install retroarch addon and copy your roms (and bios) to your device. Then launch retroarch addon and enjoy. If you want to use another frontend such as AEL or EmulationStation, then install it from repo and configure it. To get familiar with all retroarch's settings you can make a search and read its gettin started guide and documentation.

EDIT: first post is back !
RetroArch addon v8.169.6 including new RetroArch release 1.6.9
RetroArch addon v8.170.8 including new RetroArch 1.7.0 release.
Hi bite_your_idols !

I have this error on debug log both retroarch and emulationstation

/storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch/addon.start: line 169: /storage/.kodi/addons/game.emulationstation/game.emulationstation-S90: not found
/storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch/addon.start: line 169: /storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch/game.retroarch-S90: not found

I'm running on Ki Pro (s905 device)
Sorry, just RPi and generic x86_64 devices are supported.
Hi
I need some help
I cannot find the options to install ael-asset 😩

I'm using libreelec on rpi 3 b+
(2018-05-31, 00:41)abauomy Wrote: Hi
I need some help
I cannot find the options to install ael-asset 😩

I'm using libreelec on rpi 3 b+
 You can try following these instructions:
https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/287-ga...#post93003

By the way, RetroArch addon v8.173.10 including new RetroArch 1.7.3 release.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons for LibreELEC (RPi/Generic).1