• 12(current)
Release Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons for LibreELEC (RPi/Generic).
(2020-04-06, 10:51)bite_your_idols Wrote: Sorry, I really don't know what changes from Official LibreELEC, but if you take a look to the logs maybe it can help. By the way these addons only work in RPi and Generic devices...
Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

Here are the logs.  

Kodi Log

Retroarch log

Retroarch_debug
(2020-04-06, 11:13)viachy Wrote:
(2020-04-06, 10:51)bite_your_idols Wrote: Sorry, I really don't know what changes from Official LibreELEC, but if you take a look to the logs maybe it can help. By the way these addons only work in RPi and Generic devices...

Here are the logs.  

Kodi LogRetroarch logRetroarch_debug 
Sorry, here is the Retroarch_debug Log
(2020-04-06, 11:16)viachy Wrote:
(2020-04-06, 11:13)viachy Wrote:

Here are the logs.  

Kodi LogRetroarch logRetroarch_debug 
Sorry, here is the Retroarch_debug Log 

As you can see in the log "game.retroarch-S81 not found", there is no binary for S81 device. There is olnly binaries for RPi and Generic devices.
(2020-04-06, 11:32)bite_your_idols Wrote: As you can see in the log "game.retroarch-S81 not found", there is no binary for S81 device. There is olnly binaries for RPi and Generic devices.

I see... thanks. I`ll look for other solution to play games
I love this add-on. It's a great way to get retro gaming integrated into kodi. I was wondering if you ever looked into Pegasus it has a great look and feel for browsing your game collection on you tv. I think it would make an awesome addition to what you already offer.
(2020-04-11, 17:02)Shaboobala Wrote: I love this add-on. It's a great way to get retro gaming integrated into kodi. I was wondering if you ever looked into Pegasus it has a great look and feel for browsing your game collection on you tv. I think it would make an awesome addition to what you already offer.

that is really interesting frontend, I will give a try but I think it will be difficult to make it work in LibreELEC. Also, the ideal frontend for emulation under kodi is kodi itself, for emulation oriented use it is better to use another distros.
Thanks for the response and for giving it a shot. I agree Kodi would be the best but at this point I feel like it's just not quite polished enough. I don't know if it helps but this Libreelec build uses it and how o cane across it. Unfortunately the developer has been MIA for quite a fews months now. Admittedly I know very little about development and programing so it might be of no use but thought I might share it with you.
(2020-04-11, 18:40)bite_your_idols Wrote:
(2020-04-11, 17:02)Shaboobala Wrote: I love this add-on. It's a great way to get retro gaming integrated into kodi. I was wondering if you ever looked into Pegasus it has a great look and feel for browsing your game collection on you tv. I think it would make an awesome addition to what you already offer.

that is really interesting frontend, I will give a try but I think it will be difficult to make it work in LibreELEC. Also, the ideal frontend for emulation under kodi is kodi itself, for emulation oriented use it is better to use another distros.
(2020-04-11, 20:22)Shaboobala Wrote: Thanks for the response and for giving it a shot. I agree Kodi would be the best but at this point I feel like it's just not quite polished enough. I don't know if it helps but this Libreelec build uses it and how o cane across it. Unfortunately the developer has been MIA for quite a fews months now. Admittedly I know very little about development and programing so it might be of no use but thought I might share it with you.
(2020-04-11, 18:40)bite_your_idols Wrote:

I just tried it and it failed due to missing libs... I need to burn another OS in an spare SD and try to get them but I am not very optimisitic about it... 
The build you link is not available for RPi4, which is my device... also, with new RPi segmentation, with all the VOD platforms, game streaming systems and with all new android devices I am less and less interested in spend my free time struggling with bash and python coding for Kodi/LibreElec...
(2020-04-11, 21:01)bite_your_idols Wrote:
(2020-04-11, 20:22)Shaboobala Wrote: Thanks for the response and for giving it a shot. I agree Kodi would be the best but at this point I feel like it's just not quite polished enough. I don't know if it helps but this Libreelec build uses it and how o cane across it. Unfortunately the developer has been MIA for quite a fews months now. Admittedly I know very little about development and programing so it might be of no use but thought I might share it with you.
(2020-04-11, 18:40)bite_your_idols Wrote: that is really interesting frontend, I will give a try but I think it will be difficult to make it work in LibreELEC. Also, the ideal frontend for emulation under kodi is kodi itself, for emulation oriented use it is better to use another distros.

I just tried it and it failed due to missing libs... I need to burn another OS in an spare SD and try to get them but I am not very optimisitic about it... 
The build you link is not available for RPi4, which is my device... also, with new RPi segmentation, with all the VOD platforms, game streaming systems and with all new android devices I am less and less interested in spend my free time struggling with bash and python coding for Kodi/LibreElec... 

Well thanks for giving it a shot. I knew it might be difficult to get it up and running so wasn't setting my expectations very high.
I was hoping to move my games to a USB drive because of limited space on my sd card. I was able to scrape them in retroarch and then I export ael assets but they don't appear to have the right file location because it says no roms. I tried to open ES and goes to it's splash screen then exits back to Kodi. Any idea how I can fix that. Thanks
Does the retroarch works on rpi4? I tried super mario world for snes and there was no sound. Retroarch also crashed when i tried to switch input 1 to my 8bitdo controller in the settings
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons for LibreELEC (RPi/Generic).1