v15 [Windows 10] PC Goes to Sleep on Video Pause
Been looking for a solution to this problem and so far no luck so I appreciate any help.

When I pause a playing video in Kodi 15, my entire HTPC will go to sleep after about 3 minutes. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to disable this, and I am almost certain it didn't do this a year ago.

My PC itself will follow the Windows 10 Power Settings properly, meaning if I just let it sit there without Kodi running, it'll go to sleep after 30 minutes just like I have it set in Power Options.

If I leave Kodi running without a video playing, it'll dim itself after a period of time just like I set in the Screensaver System Settings of Kodi. The items in System / Power Saving are both set to OFF. I have checked and double checked every setting related to power that I can without luck.

It's only when I'm playing a video. I'll pause it, go grab a drink, come back after literally 3 minutes or so and the whole HTPC will have gone to sleep. Of course I then have to wake it up, find the video again, and resume it from where it stopped. It doesn't matter if Kodi is full screen or Windowed.

I have a pretty bare bones Kodi 15.2 install. No PVR, no addons, nothing really special running on it other than the ReFocus skin. Any ideas what the problem can be?
Just a dumb question... Why are you still running Kodi v15 on an Intel PC?
It's not a directly related question, I'm just curious.
(2017-11-11, 01:38)Klojum Wrote: Just a dumb question... Why are you still running Kodi v15 on an Intel PC?
It's not a directly related question, I'm just curious.

Just haven't gotten around to upgrading it. Other than this power issue, it's the old not broke, don't fix mentality.

Now if you tell me this Sleep on Video Pause is a bug that is fixed in a newer version of Kodi I'd gladly upgrade immediately!
I haven't heard of your type of problem before.

Best thing to do is provide a debug log (wiki) that captures the going to sleep bit.

Use the Basic method. Once you have enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. In your case, pause the movie and let it go to sleep. Once done upload to pastebin and link back here. Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks in advance for the advice. I'm out of town for another day but I'll do as you said and post the results shortly..
Because I hate it when other people leave threads open without any further input or resolution, I just wanted to say I "fixed" my problem by completely reinstalling a fresh Windows 10 on my HTPC and the then fresh reinstalling the latest version of KODI. I was having some other unrelated issues with that HTPC so in the end it was faster to backup my movie files and start fresh. My new installation doesn't have the same problem as I originally posted, however I am not sure if this is because of Windows 10 or KODI being reinstalled. I suspect it was Windows 10 related.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows 10] PC Goes to Sleep on Video Pause0