New to Kodi, looking for budget box
Thank you guys for all your help.
I would go with ODROID C2 from the very beginning but its out of stock until next year.
I am going to go with Mecool M8S PRO L.

Is the included remote good for now or should I get something better?
It's OK for basic use, but really has to be pointed at the device all the time for decent remote button response and that gets annoying day to day. I really don't like such remotes due to the IR line of sight restrictions.

Personally I use a Wireless MINIX A2 Lite Mini Keyboard Air Mouse remote with it's Plug N Play Wireless receiver dongle. That works both in Android and LibreELEC when you Dual boot. Quality remote.

It's worth spending money on a quality Wireless remote. Makes media player usage so much easier. Smile

Minix A2 Lite is pretty simiar to my tv remote (Vizio XRT500) which I like. Dual side keyboard is great.
I just bought the Mecool M8S PRO L with 32gb for $61.99, little over my budget but I hope it was worth it.
Imo the included remotes are usually very basic and just not enough for a good experience.

I really like the rii remotes, also i cross-use the minix A2 lite, very solid remote
I guess I am the weird one, I like the stock remotes for my use. My boxes are within line of sight, so the IR function works for me, especially using Kodi or LibreELEC. I have numerous different remotes and keypads and regular wireless mice, but still prefer the stock IR remotes for my boxes. But, obviously when using an internet browser, I use my wireless mouse and Rii keyboard.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New to Kodi, looking for budget box0