Feature Request for local content
Hey guys, I am fairly new to Kodi and so far I am in love with just about everything about it. The reason for my post is that I have been playing around with an idea for a new development project. I have very limited coding knowledge, but do understand some basic python concepts. What I would like to be able to do is this:

Set up a library of video files I have stored on my hard drive. These videos are recorded college football games. Now, when I open Kodi and navigate to my video library I would like for each college football team (i.e. Alabama Crimson Tide, Arkansas Razorbacks, Georgia Bulldogs, etc.) to be a selection to scroll through and choose from. When a specific team is highlight, but not opened, I would like to see a poster image, fanart, and specific information about the team listed as information. For example, the teams fight song, head coach, conference affiliation, and other bits of information like that.

Once the team has been clicked on, now I see the games or videos that match the team selected with information like date, television studio, who the opponent was, final score, etc.

Now, in my mind, I would need to create a sort of "teams database" and be able to assign custom bits of metadata that is not found in any known database. Would this be possible by creating a new xml file? Would I basically have to design a completely new skin? Is this possible?
Also, something I left out... normally when you scan a movie into your library, a web scraper finds the information. In this particular case, is it possible to store all the information I want in an excel table or nfo file?
Hello hardheaded

This should not be a Feature Request as it is an existing function of Kodi.

1. Create NFO Files for your games which hold the Metadata. See my signature below for the link
2. Locate and save your artwork. Again see my signature below for link
3. Always helpful if you save your games as a separate source, and not mixed in with your TV Shows or Movies
4. Find a suitable skin that makes it easy to set up new menu items. Not clear if you want each accessible from the Main Menu or from a sub-menu
5. A guide to start you off... http://kodi.wiki/view/Video_management#H....2C_etc.29

There will be no separate "database". It will be stored in the one place with Movies and TV Shopws, but will be filtered with Smart Playlists in exactly the same way as Movies and TV Shows are separated.

Hope that helps
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Request for local content0