v17 Display photos sub folder thumbnails
Hello,

When adding an image/photo source in Kodi, only the parent folder will appear in the home menu.
One needs to then click on this folder to then display the subfolders. I don't say it's a problem, but it's not very consistent with the visuals from Movie/Series/Music where the album/film posters are displayed directly from the home menu.
For a better visual unity, is it possible to display the subfolders of my only photo source (D:\photos) from the Home menu ? Plex is able to do it and it's a shame the picture part of Kodi is not as good as the Movie/Series/Music part.

Thanks for your help,
Mat
Hi,
have the same 'problem'.
Do You get any lucky to find a nice look?
Regards
I am starting with Kodi, and doing pictures.
I think if you don't want to see the parent folder, you have to enter the subfolders as individual shares.

I have a opposite task. I have four levels of folder nesting and want to display only the top one. Not sure that this will be possible.
good luck.

As far as thumbnails are concerned, I make a copy of the picture that I want as thumbnail, and rename it Folder.jpg. It works.
(2018-07-09, 12:25)aussie43 Wrote: I think if you don't want to see the parent folder, you have to enter the subfolders as individual shares.
Correct, when it comes to Picture then Kodi is simply a File Browser that can launch a slideshow or display photos fullscreen, there is no Library function like there is with TV/Movies/Music.

(2018-07-09, 12:25)aussie43 Wrote: I have a opposite task. I have four levels of folder nesting and want to display only the top one. Not sure that this will be possible.
good luck.

As far as thumbnails are concerned, I make a copy of the picture that I want as thumbnail, and rename it Folder.jpg. It works.

Do you mean you only wish to display a folder for the source then upon opening that you see all the photos contained in the subfolders without having to browse into them? then yes I think this is possible by adding multiple folders when creating the source. If so you want something like

thanks!! I've had the same issue. Works like a charm.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display photos sub folder thumbnails0