Music videos do not show in database?
(2017-11-16, 18:52)Powerhouse Wrote:
(2017-11-16, 10:00)Gilean Wrote: Yes, I understand that, but have you manually edited all those .nfo -files for live videos and whatnot, since I guess they are not scraped correctly automatically? Maybe you copied original .nfo file and then just modified filename and title-tag accordingly? I am just wondering if there was some way to do that automatically, as I have maybe 1000 videos that are not scraped correctly (they are either live-videos or Finnish music videos that are not found in IMDVB database) ?

Yep, for me I had to change all my .NFO files (and at the time, I had nearly 5K Music Videos, but after going through them all, am down to just over 4K). Yes it sucks, and it took me several months (on an off as I felt the urge to do some). Normally what I would do, is go through a single letter in the alphabet.

Trust me, I wish there was a tool at the time that could do it for me, but there wasn't, so lots of work for me.

In the End however, it now looks and works with Kodi flawlessly. Which at the end of the day, is what I wanted. By the way, the same thing was happening with the Music section until 2 things changed... 1. Dave Blake took over doing updates to Music in Kodi (all praise Dave). 2, Music support in MediaElch (the only scrapper that does this) showed up, and I was able to scrape all my music, creating NFO files, and getting all the artwork, and artist information. 
All right, thank you for encouragement! As my collection is about 3400 videos, at least someone else did it "hard way" too Smile I got spoiled with Mediaportal and that music video plugin, but then again, I did not have all the info there either, I just had ALL my music videos listed in the same nice view, regardless of media info or not. That was the most important thing. But I guess I'll have to go through that manually .nfo editing process too, as that SHOULD be worth it in the end with all the info I'll ever need, and although no-one can predict the future, I think it would be safe to say that .nfo -files are not going to be abandoned any time soon even if media player softwares, like Kodi, would change. Or at least then there should be some software that would read that info from those .nfo files anyway and convert them to whatever new media info format there will be in the future Smile I'll just need to take it slow...
Gilean, Did you look look at Music Media Helper app in his forum? It will auto (recursively) create all your music video NFOs and a playlist for each sub-folder that work in Kodi. Got be easier than manual editing?
Besides Homerjau's Music helper app, you could also look at Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support

I didn't like the NFO files it made, and it didn't capture all the info that is available, so I stopped using this tool.
Cool didn't know about those tools!
I did check that Music Helper app, but it doesn't seem to offer me anything (based on those screenshots) that I already couldn't do with Media Companion. That's the software I used some days ago and it created all .nfo files for me, and put album covers etc in my music video folder. I find it's also quite easy to edit basic info (like album, year etc) with that UI and then save/update the .nfo file with it.

BUT just this morning before I left to work, I edited some .nfo -files manually (for those live videos, added album name, year etc), and then I checked Kodi about those changes I made. I still couldn't see those music videos under Music Videos node. I also edited one .nfo file that I actually saw under Music Videos, mut Kodi did not showed me those changes I made.

And then I realized, that my problem seems to be that Kodi does not read my .nfo files at all! As that Media Companion created those files for me, and at some point it updated at least some of my videos but not anymore. And if Kodi would read my .nfo files, I would see my live videos there as well, as Media Companion created .nfo files for those too! Then I browsed through Videos --> Media sources and there I could see all my videos in their folders. I choose one of those videos that I had updated .nfo files for, and choose "update media info" (or something like that, I cannot check now), and then Kodi noted that there is updated info for this media, do I want to use it (or something). I chose yes, and then Kodi asked me for filename, and there was my music video's filename already typed in. I chose "OK" but nothing happened, even after I updated my library.

Does anyone has an idea what is happening here? It's as Kodi was using some kind of old cache information and ignores my .nfo files completely! And although I remember at some point seeing some setting that said something about using .nfo files only etc, I couldn't find it although I browsed through Kodi settings...

By the way, this is an example of one .nfo file created by Media Companion that I haven't edited yet:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<musicvideo>
    <fileinfo>
        <streamdetails>
            <video>
                <durationinseconds>1</durationinseconds>
            </video>
        </streamdetails>
    </fileinfo>
    <tmdbid>
    </tmdbid>
    <title>Varjoleikit (live)</title>
    <year>0</year>
    <artist>
    </artist>
    <director>
    </director>
    <album>
    </album>
    <genre>
    </genre>
    <thumb>
    </thumb>
    <track>
    </track>
    <runtime>
    </runtime>
    <plot>This Music Video could not be identified.</plot>
    <studio>
    </studio>
    <createdate>20171114225044</createdate>
</musicvideo>

And below is one .nfo file that I have edited:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<musicvideo>
    <fileinfo>
        <streamdetails>
            <video>
                <durationinseconds>1</durationinseconds>
            </video>
        </streamdetails>
    </fileinfo>
    <tmdbid>
    </tmdbid>
    <title>Yövieraat (live)</title>
    <year>1996</year>
    <artist>YUP</artist>
    <director>
    </director>
    <album>Yövieraat</album>
    <genre>Rock</genre>
    <thumb>
    </thumb>
    <track>
    </track>
    <runtime>
    </runtime>
    <plot>LIVE. Tavastia, Tampere 1996</plot>
    <studio>
    </studio>
    <createdate>20171114225035</createdate>
</musicvideo>

In case that helps. But since I have .nfo files that are named exactly as .mkv file, in theory I should see that video under Kodi's Music Videos node, right?
Don't forget, after you make a change to an NFO file, you need to Clean your Koid Library, and then Update your Kodi Library (just like you do with changes to NFO files for Movies or TV Shows).
(2017-11-17, 18:41)Powerhouse Wrote: Don't forget, after you make a change to an NFO file, you need to Clean your Koid Library, and then Update your Kodi Library (just like you do with changes to NFO files for Movies or TV Shows).
 Actually I tried that yesterday, as I thought it might fix this, but it didn't do anything. BUT now I have actually fixed this Smile I removed my source folder for music videos, and then created it again. This time (after I chose "music video" as type, as I did earlier as well), I chose to use local info only. Earlier I think I chose the other option, use videodb database (or whatever it was). Apparently that option ignores .nfo files, no matter if those exist or not! At least with Android TV. But now that I chose to use local info only (I didn't even need to clean my database separately), I can see all my videos, including those live videos (as I had .nfo files already created for them), and I can even see those few edits I made this morning! So this works, which is great! Now I just need to find time to actually check all that date in those .nfo files lol Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music videos do not show in database?0