Solved Calibration Screen?
hello, i have a question about my tv.  when using Kodi the time and weather aren't on the screen they are off the screen.  i have tried all the settings on my tv 4:3, Zoom, Full, H-Fill and Just, to be honest i am not sure of the correct one to leave that on for the right format.  i thought it should be either Full or Just, can someone advise.  i have went into the kodi settings under system, video and did the video calibration and it was able to center it on the screen but i thought when you do this the numbers should 0,0 in the upper left and 0,0 in the bottom right but that is not the case. Thanks
I'd ignore the numbers and just pull in the markers in the top left and bottom right (I think). That's all I did, the numbers are irrelevant.
Old CRT 4:3 televisions use overscan, so the actual 0,0 location will start outside the visible screen.
Just place the markers in the corners where you can see them, and things should be fine.
Ok, from my tv format option what one should i put that on then i do the calibration? i am thinking Full or Just, but not sure?

4:3
Zoom
Full
H-Fill
Just

Thanks
(2017-11-11, 20:47)LilSnoop40 Wrote: Ok, from my tv format option what one should i put that on then i do the calibration? i am thinking Full or Just, but not sure?

4:3
Zoom
Full
H-Fill
Just

Thanks

Maybe "Full", but if you could post the manufacturer & model number of the TV I could search for the User Manual and find out for sure?
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
Just.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Panasonic TH-50PZ85U
Found the manual online (ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/television/om/th..._en_om.pdf), but it's not as clear as I would have liked, I can't tell snout from arse from reading it. Maybe go with what nickr suggests?
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
Leave it on FULL & follow Klojum's advice, you're making it more complicated than it has to be Smile

(2017-11-11, 20:16)Klojum Wrote: Just place the markers in the corners where you can see them, and things should be fine.
Turn off all calibration within kodi, then go through the options on your tv. Choose the one that produces no overscan. On LG tvs it is 'just scan'. Not sure about panasonic.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Great, done.

Thanks everyone!
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Calibration Screen?0