Solved Videos stutter occasionally in full screen
Hi Everyone,

I've been using Kodi for years now and it's worked extremely well. I use the windows client and Libreelec on a couple of other devices. Mostly watching video via DLNA and TV through the TVHeadebd add on.

I recently upgraded my PC and reinstalled Win10. I now have this annoying issue where video playing in full screen freezes for about a second and then fast forwards for about the same time to catch up. Audio seems to be unaffected and  the issue happens every minute or so. Everything is fine when windowed at any size.

The issue occurs consistently in 17.4, 17.5 and Leia. I've tried disabling HW acceleration but that makes no difference. Libreelec devices on the same network with 17.4 embedded are all fine.

Here's a debug log where I've watched TV for about a minute windowed and then switched to full screen where the jerky /stuttering video issue appears.

If anyone could take a look and let me know if they see anything obvious, I'd appreciate it.

bb

After reading through some other threads, I saw that some people were having similar issues after install the Windows fall update. There was a suggestion posted to disable System-Settings-Display-Full Screen Window. I did that and everything looks good now.
10:05:55.584 T:3604 NOTICE: Host CPU: Unknown, 6 cores available
Which CPU is in there? Are you using Intel's integrated GPU?

I've read that Intel had newer GPU drivers in the pipeline fixing certain HEVC video issues.
Could be the ones you are now experiencing.
(2017-11-12, 02:49)Klojum Wrote: 10:05:55.584 T:3604 NOTICE: Host CPU: Unknown, 6 cores available
Which CPU is in there? Are you using Intel's integrated GPU?

I've read that Intel had newer GPU drivers in the pipeline fixing certain HEVC video issues.
Could be the ones you are now experiencing.

I'm using a 1080ti with latest nvidia drivers. I think the line you've quoted is referring to the CPU which is an i7-8600k

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos stutter occasionally in full screen0