• 16(current)
v18 Grid for Leia
(2020-05-04, 09:06)NBs! Wrote:
(2020-03-30, 09:20)nhara2 Wrote: Hi, 

Can't seem to find Grid in the Kodi Repo.

I've installed your repository from Zip File, but when i try to connect to the repository I get  "Could not Connect to repo..." error message.
I've also tried connecting through file manager manually with no luck.

Any suggestions Big Grin

Thanks
1) Go to Github, download the latest skin + all modules needed
2) Install the Modules / Scripts
3) unzip the skin, open addon.xml, change xbmc.gui from 5.13.0 to 5.14.0, save and re-zip the whole thing
4) Install skin zip
5) Profit!  
I was trying to find the answer to this. Logged in to say thanks!  Wink
(2019-04-12, 00:09)GK8010 Wrote: Great stuff, thank you. I’ll have to find a tutorial on how to use what you’ve written in your last. I’m a basic end user...

Try this, I've edited the XML, seems to work https://www.dropbox.com/s/4raly2dlop3mui...5.zip?dl=1
(2019-03-03, 00:22)kdusr Wrote: Hi guys,

I like the Grid skin better than any of the others I've seen and have been trying to install it for a few days with no luck and lots of frustrations. So far I've tried 2 things:

1. Tried moving the zip file to my stick (using a Mac) but no method seems to work for this at all. I tried the adblink app which didn't work and also tried a direct download link which also didn't work (didn't expect this method to work but tried it anyway). 

2. I have Kodi on my Mac which works fine and I can access the Grid .zip install file and attempt to install it. 1 of 2 things happens when I install from zip - either the notification says "installing..." and just disappears with no confirmation it was installed, or I get the "Failed to Install". PS: I've edited the xml file as instructed above.

If anyone could chime in with some suggestions or solution I would appreciate it as I'd love to install the Grid skin.

Thanks.

Try this I have edited the XML, seems to work. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4raly2dlop3mui...5.zip?dl=1
why this is skin not available on repo kodi?
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
Hello!
I would love to try this skin on my shield, but it's doesn't seems to be working with Kodi Leia 18.9 version.... is it normal?
I get an error that says "The dependency on script.module.cherrypy version 17.0.0 could not be satisfied".

Thanks
It is such a pity that this skin has been abandoned.. :/ It is by far the most eye-satisfying skin for my setup, still searching for replacement with no luck.
Yes, you are right! GRiD is a great skin.

Did you try Arctic Horizon?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...#pid292441

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2020-12-15, 14:43)hoppel118 Wrote: Did you try Arctic Horizon?
In fact, yes, I was just looking at it.. Big Grin Seems very clean and pleasing, most probably will try it, thank you!
If somebody wanted to put some real effort back into GRID, and get it up to speed, how would I get permission from the developer?
Any way to get this skin updated and compatible with Kodi 19?
(2021-02-26, 04:02)escenkay Wrote: Any way to get this skin updated and compatible with Kodi 19?

Totally, this was the best and cleanest of them all...
(2021-02-26, 04:02)escenkay Wrote: Any way to get this skin updated and compatible with Kodi 19?

It is possible to get Grid up and running with Kodi 19. Although it was a bit of a hassle, what you basically need to do is get all the dependencies working on Kodi 19 and edit some of the addon xml files. Most of the updated dependencies weren't in the Matrix repository when I tried this (they might be now), but I found most of them on github and could install them manually. I think there were only two addons in the end that I couldn't find updates for (don't remember which ones though). So I tried "cheating" by just changing the python version number in their respective addon.xml, and that seems to have worked. I think there was one addon I had to rename, too. I have a vague memory of one of the updated addons having a slightly different name, like a number added at the end or something, and in order for Grid to recognize it, I had to rename the updated version so it matched the older version.

So far, everything seems to be working just like it did in Kodi 18. As far as I can tell, anyway. But since I spent as little time with the default skin as I possibly could, I don't really know if there are any new menus or options or other stuff in Kodi 19 that this skin isn't able to show.
(2020-12-15, 14:43)hoppel118 Wrote: Yes, you are right! GRiD is a great skin. 

Did you try Arctic Horizon?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...#pid292441

Regards Hoppel
I did, and I strongly advise everyone who loved Grid to give it a try. It is a perfect replacement (if not even a better upgrade). I absolutely love it!
(2021-04-23, 15:56)RMLund Wrote:

It is possible to get Grid up and running with Kodi 19. Although it was a bit of a hassle, what you basically need to do is get all the dependencies working on Kodi 19 and edit some of the addon xml files. Most of the updated dependencies weren't in the Matrix repository when I tried this (they might be now), but I found most of them on github and could install them manually. I think there were only two addons in the end that I couldn't find updates for (don't remember which ones though). So I tried "cheating" by just changing the python version number in their respective addon.xml, and that seems to have worked. I think there was one addon I had to rename, too. I have a vague memory of one of the updated addons having a slightly different name, like a number added at the end or something, and in order for Grid to recognize it, I had to rename the updated version so it matched the older version.

So far, everything seems to be working just like it did in Kodi 18. As far as I can tell, anyway. But since I spent as little time with the default skin as I possibly could, I don't really know if there are any new menus or options or other stuff in Kodi 19 that this skin isn't able to show.

Could you share the files?
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Grid for Leia3