Linux openssl vs libressl
I'm currently in the process of migrating my Gentoo system from openssl to libressl for security reasons.  I note that in this post Kodi was migrated back to openssl from libressl because of a certificate issue, but i can't track down what that issue was.  Is there a protocol in openssl that Kodi needs? If so, what is it?  Is Kodi going to be migrated back to libressl at some point in the future?

Thank you.
(2017-11-12, 22:25)bearcatsandor Wrote: I note that in this post Kodi was migrated back to openssl from libressl because of a certificate issue, but i can't track down what that issue was.

Kodi (application) != LibreElec (OS), what you see is LibreElec changelog.
It's up to you whether try libressl or not, consult _your_ OS forums.
Currently IMHO libressl creates more problems than it solves due to API differences.
@asavah  Thank you, i'm brand new to Kodi and just learning the varied landscape.  I'll talk to the Gentoo devs and see what's up.
The problem is related to time on 32 bit systems. If your Gentoo is 64 bit you gav notting to worry about
@marantz  Thank you. I am on 64-bit so all's good (aside from trying to get kodi compiled with an up-to date version of ffmpeg)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
openssl vs libressl0