Android playercorefactory.xml / LocalCast / Chromecast no longer works?
Has anyone else noticed a problem within past 2 weeks with using the playercorefactory method of casting to a Chromecast.
I've been using this method of casting from our Nexus 7 to Chromecast for about a year with no problems.
Then recently, possibly with the upgrade to Kodi v17.5, this stopped working.
Every stream I try to cast gives the error message: This Chromecast device does not support the video or can't access it. LocalCast cannot fix this!

I've tried rolling back Kodi to v17.4 which used to worked fine, but no luck.
I'm wondering if there has been any update to the Chromecast firmware which may be causing the problem?
Thanks for any answers / clues / suggestions.
(2017-11-12, 23:30)scubaspaul Wrote: Has anyone else noticed a problem within past 2 weeks with using the playercorefactory method of casting to a Chromecast.
I've been using this method of casting from our Nexus 7 to Chromecast for about a year with no problems.
Then recently, possibly with the upgrade to Kodi v17.5, this stopped working.
Every stream I try to cast gives the error message: This Chromecast device does not support the video or can't access it. LocalCast cannot fix this!

I've tried rolling back Kodi to v17.4 which used to worked fine, but no luck.
I'm wondering if there has been any update to the Chromecast firmware which may be causing the problem?
Thanks for any answers / clues / suggestions.

Hi there

I have exactly the same problem, started around the same time as you. I’m streaming using an Android tablet to Chromecast using the Playercorefactory XML. Stream works fine on the tablet itself (ie when I remove the XML file) but I get the same error as you when casting. I’ve tried everything and it’s driving me nuts! Chromecast haven’t updated their firmware, perhaps Google are blocking these streams somehow? Let me know if you had any luck, I honestly can’t believe there aren’t more posts in this regard!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
playercorefactory.xml / LocalCast / Chromecast no longer works?1