Kodi CEC commands with Samsung Smart Remote Control (anynet+)
Hi Community,

I've got Kodi running on a Pi 3. Its connected to my Samsung TV via an HDMI and can receive normal commands via CEC.
I am using the samsung Smart Remote Control and it works fine. there is olny one problem. I cant go back to the parent window
like the right mouse button (usb mouse) does it.

i am new on kodi but i have read that it is possible to change/extend the remote commands by using an xml file in 'Userdata/keymaps/remote.xml'.
can anybody tell me the neccessary content of the xml file to use the samsung Smart Remote Control return button?

the return button actually works only on sub dialogs to close them but it does not activate the main window from the window one level below.

thanks markus
Thread moved to Pi section.

Look at the keymap editor add-on in the official repo - it automates setting up such keymaps and makes it quite simple. You can use it to associate any keypress that is passed onto Kodi with any available action.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I have some interest in changing the action a specific key press has when sent over CEC command but have run into some problems as i don't understand how add-on are sorted into categories since it's not so intuative to me.

So i used <system> <settings> <add-ons> <search> and typed the string "keymap" which allowed me to install Keymap Editor which is now shown under <programs>.
But if i look at the add-on information, it shows the author as "takoi" and the version as "1.0.10" but nowhere do i see which repository it came from? or what category it belongs to?
How can one then verify it is an official kodi add-on?

I'm also unfamiliar with how to find the function provided by "CTRL-SHFT-I" and assign to the key press on my remote which is transmitted as what CEC command?

Any ideas or directions you can point me towards would be helpful.
I'm a XBMC novice :)
For your first question, go to add-ons> addon browser > my add-ons and then select the add-on group and add-on you want to know about.

On that screen you can see the version number and authors at the top, and on the left hand side you can see which repo it came from (but not which addon type of is). If you click the update button you can also see all the available versions (current, newer and older) available either in your local cache or your installed repos.

That is for Estuary, if you're using a different skin then the layout and displayed info may be different. If information is missing try reinstalling the same version you already have via the update button.

I'm not sure what ctrl+shift+I does as I don't use a keyboard, and it's not listed in the wiki keyboard controls (wiki) list.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi CEC commands with Samsung Smart Remote Control (anynet+)0