Minix Neo U9-H questions
I'm considering getting a U9, and have been reading all that I can about it. Some things are still confusing though:

I have read this:
  • Can boot into internal Android after you first boot into LibreELEC that is running entirely from a SD card.
  • However you cannot do this easily if using an alternate LibreELEC Kodi Krypton Skin, you have to physically eject the SD card for internal Android in that scenario or do some further DIY mods for each Skin
What does that mean exactly? Can't I use Aeon Nox then? Why?
I'd like to automatically start up in Libreelec Kodi but be able to switch to Android. Is there a guide somewhere on how exactly to configure this?
Will I be able to get chrome casting to work on this?

Which version of Libreelec should be used? Will it be slower when wanting to dual boot, because it can't be installed in the internal eMMC?

When reading this guide (https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/9319-8...905-s905x/), the first thing it says is this:
 WARNING:

Amlogic has not released fbdev Mali libraries and has no plans to release them. These builds use libhybris and Android gralloc Mali driver to provide OpenGL for Kodi - this is an experimental approach with CPU overhead - this means suboptimal GPU performance. If you consider buying a device for LE, do not buy Amlogic S912!

Sooo, I shouldn't get a Minix U9 then? Or is S912-H something else entirely?

I already have an Odroid C2. Does the Minix suffer from the same issues that I have with the Odroid like skipping not working (picture freeze or sound disappears). Especially goes for skipping backwards.
The small htpc scenery will change soon as the Linux kernel (4.14+) now also includes Rockchip support, giving access to & hope for other hardware boxes.
See https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=n...Linux-4.14
(2017-11-13, 12:01)djon Wrote: I already have an Odroid C2. Does the Minix suffer from the same issues that I have with the Odroid like skipping not working (picture freeze or sound disappears). Especially goes for skipping backwards.

I suggest using the 64bit LE 8.2 Kodi 17.5 (compatible with official LE) C2 .tar update from this POST (click) if you are having skipping issues. I have not seen any in the last 3 weeks of usage.

If you do not have a 4K HDR TV you do not need a U9.

I'm running rb-krypton 18 right now. Can I just place your .tar in the update folder or must it be reinstalled from scratch?

I do have a 4K HDR TV, but I have another TV that needs Kodi, so I'm looking into the best box to buy. I don't want to buy another Odroid if I can't fix the things that's wrong with it, hence my questions about the Minix. Android/Netflix/Chromecast would also be nice as my other TV is a non-smart-tv.
You could try extracting the SYSTEM and KERNEL files from the .tar update link above (in target folder) and save them to eMMC/SD card manually, overwriting the existing ones.
Otherwise it will be reinstall time.

Chromecasting will not work on any device running an Unofficial Android TV ROM.
Google Certified & properly Android TV licensed devices get the required Chromecasting keys from Google, those being the NVIDIA Shield and the Xiaomi Mi Box.

I'll try installing it on a SD card first and try it out. Can I use the .tar file for that? The Libreelec USB CD creator doesn't seem to make readable drive out of the .tar file.

EDIT: updated to your version from a fresh 8.02. Have the samme issues though, so guess it doesn't work for me. Suspecting some HDMI issues between the Odroid and Onkyo receiver when skipping the video and getting no sound afterwards after maybe 10 seconds (sometimes never).
Last suggestion is to try @kszaq's ODROID C2 image from the AML LE forum, but I doubt it will work as I'm using nearly identical Audio patches. (So is the Vero 4K)
Basically that is your last hope and if Audio issues are unfortunately still present after skipping around video then any AMLogic S9xx device running OSMC or LibreELEC is going to cause you the same issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minix Neo U9-H questions0