Using Teletext on KODI ver. 17.3
Hello,

I would like to use the Teletext feature on my KODI.

I have a KODI version 17.3 (May 25, 2017 build), running on an ancient Raspberry PI model A with Raspbian GNU/Linux. I was checking the settings for enabling Teletext and those seem to be enabled. I was testing Teletext on KODI over remote DVB-T Multicast stream by starting it from the .strm file on KODI. I receive DVB-T stream over Multicast from another server. I have CEC enabled to use KODI with the TV remote control on the TV which is connected over HDMI from the Raspberry PI. The Multicast stream will only display video and audio on KODI / TV, but not Teletext. I tried pressing several different keys/knobs on the remote control, those which are ment for Teletext but it doesn't react (has no effect) ? I am interested if I need to enable Teletext parameters anywhere else or maybe even in the CEC settings (if they aren't enabled by default) ? I tried relaying the Multicast stream to a different computer and opening it with VLC player and using VLC Teletext mode and that works, it is the same stream that I was testing also on the KODI.

Maybe someone has a suggestion how to resolve this or if there is available any plugin for Teletext mode?

Thanks.
Why are you double-posting your Teletext topic on more than one thread?!?
Simply ask and your topic will be moved to the correct forum section.
Hello Klojum,

I am sorry about that. I didn't know to which thread I should post it, my previous post has gone unanswered for months, so I tried a different thread and then was recommended to place it into the "PVR & Live TV Support" thread, so hopefully someone will answer here.
@Atreyu
>> Most likely your remote doesnt have a corresponding ttxt button by default.
>> What happens if you start a dvbstream, press the OK button and then press the TXT button in the OSD menu..?
>> If verified that the channel has ttxt it would be easy to remap a button to that function
The TV remote has a "TEXT" and "SUBTITLE" button on the top; then it has a "text-info" looking button between the + and ^ buttons; and 4 buttons at the bottom (red, green, yellow, blue). None of these buttons react/work, when watching the DVB-T stream, I think that the only buttons which control the CEC-KODI are the buttons which are up-down-left-right; and OK button; and guide-return-exit-menu buttons.

This is how the remote control looks like.
Kodi doesn't support Teletext subtutles and has been requested for a few years now and still no interested to fix something that almost all TV software and boxes can handle.
I have Teletext subtitles to TVheadend is converting it to a format that Kodi understands.
Otherwise you have to go to Teletext and select the right page everytime you want subtitles on a channel if you can live with a few seconds out of sync.

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using Teletext on KODI ver. 17.30