Android Box for Kodi + Live Streaming
Hello All,

I've spent the last few hours reading over all the information here and whilst it has helped me tremendously, it has also caused me to become a little confused with what Kodi Box to purchase.

Basically, I'm looking for a box that I can use to live stream international TV and run Kodi on to watch the occasional movie. However, my main use will be live streaming sport.

I've had a quick browse on eBay and found this box but have read in the buyers guide that these are probably one of the worst to buy.

So I guess my question is, what do you recommend for the above? Price isn't a massive issue for me as I prefer to buy something that will last for a while however having said that I don't want to be spending hundreds of $$ as I won't be using this full time so to speak.

Another question I have is (and I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask) can anyone recommend a good live streaming app for the android box? My friend currently uses one called iView HD which has been great (I mainly just want to stream live sport like the EPL, A-League in Australia etc) but that does also require you to pay a subscription. Just thought I'd open up a small discussion on that and see if there are any other apps people recommend. Again, I understand that I would need to pay for the best service so that's fine, I just want good quality streams.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kosie
A friend has now suggested I look at the Minix U9 over the H96 Pro Box. *shrug* I'm confused. I assume both will play Kodi and let me install apps to live stream sport right?
We cannot give you advice regarding any Illegal Free Sports streaming, that is exactly why no one is answering your post I suspect because it is against forum rules.

Any of the S9xx boxes will run LibreELEC Kodi Krypton and allow you to install Kodi addons. THIS thread has a bunch of details.

You may be better off asking somewhere in the local Oz Whirlpool forums about media players for specific streaming requirements:

Whirlpool Home Theatre

Regarding Android Apps you will have to do your own research.
Be aware some devices run the mobile/tablet Android OS and others run Android TV. Generally you cannot mix Apps and run them on the each others Android platforms without difficulty - if at all.

EPL, in Australia I suspect you are better off buying a Fetch TV device, Apple TV or a Chromecast and subscribing. If they are Apps you will have to do your own research.
https://www.optus.com.au/epl

A-League, likely = Foxtel which also works on a Chromecast. The newly released Foxtel Now (aka Foxtel Puck) - Android TV Box has Chromecasting capabilities. Ask for specific details in the Whirlpool Oz forums if that works. The Foxtel Now Puck will not allow Kodi to be installed.
https://www.foxtel.com.au/watch/a-league.html

ABC's free iView HD works reasonably well on Android TV platforms now they have a native IPTV Android TV App.

Welcome to streaming fragmentation across media player platforms, particularly for Australia.

Thanks for your response and apologies I asked a question which wasn't allowed on the forums. Appreciate it.
(2018-08-17, 12:48)iamwayne12 Wrote: I apologize for again asking a question which might not be acceptable but what is the main difference between Kodi and other live streaming apps. Like there are so many Apps as also mentioned in some places that are cool and updated according to current design.
Kodi isn't really just a live streaming app.  It's a media player app that supports addons, some of which allow for live streaming.  Some of the addons let you access free (or pay-TV you pay for) content legally (though possibly not in agreement with the Ts&Cs of the provider), whilst others stream content illegally.  Generally if you are getting something for free that you would otherwise pay for, those sources are illegal, and definitely not supported or discussed here.

Unfortunately lots of people have started to associate Kodi with illegal streaming of pay-TV content without payment...

On some platforms - Apple TV, Android TV, Windows etc. - you can install legal streaming apps - BBC iPlayer, Now TV, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video etc. - separately to Kodi and use the proper apps supported and developed by the providers.  On other platforms - like LibreElec (which is a Linux operating system and Kodi distribution optimised for Kodi) - you need to install Addons within Kodi that may let you access streams without using third party apps. However these can break at any time.

Lots of us only use Kodi for watching content we have stored locally as files (i.e. CD, DVD and Blu-ray rips, or recorded TV shows we've recorded off-air)  and don't use it at all for network streaming.  I'd suggest this is the main use case for most of us posting here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android Box for Kodi + Live Streaming0