Laptop
2,2ghz Core2Duo
3GB Ram
Geforce 8600GT 5120mb

XBMC-SVN_2008-03-23_rev12263-T3CH
XBMC_win32_Rev12409
sdldotnet-6.0.0-runtime-setup
glew-1.5.0-win32

Hey, i installed everythink like told in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=31623

The only thing that differs is that i already got a Z: partition wheres my Swap File is.
So i rem'ed the "subst z:" part from the batch file and created the Cache folder on Z: myself.
I think that should'nt make a probleme since there are no files in the maped cache folder.

My problem is that i can't play x264 encoded mkv 720p files. WMV files are played well but since i got 99% mkv x264 files i can't watch anything.

If i start such a file it shorten plays the file but lets the "opening File" Dialog on screen. After a few seconds the Video hangs up and i can klick on the Cancel button from the "open file" dialog till my fingers are broken, cause it doesn't do anything. The only thing i can do is kill the XMBC prozess in Prozess Explorer and restart it.

so anybody got some ideas?

thanks for all answers.
You don't use the batch file with these recent versions.
cheers,

crazyivan
thx, i testet it but same error, Video starts to play, no sound and the "Opening file" window stays ontop.

Then i have to kill the process.
i have the same problem when i set digital output in xbmc and the default output device in xp/vista is set to analog.

solution for me is either analog xbmc > analog default xp/vista or
digital output xbmc > and digital spdif output default in xp/vista
lol

this works.....

but i got a scrambled video output when i fastforward.
but i now can watch movies even if i can't FF or something ^^
Can you maybe post a screenshot how you fixed it? I coudln't find it.
I have the same problem, as I mentioned here.

How do you guys want us to submit useful debug information?
I have the exact issue w/ mkv files and digital output. I currently have the Auzentech Prelude 7.1 and I'm using DDL to go out to my reciever via SPDIF. However, due to how Auzentechs drivers work my setup appears to be "analogue" to the OS both in vista and xp. Therefore I *must* set XBMC to "analogue" which leads to ALL of my mkv's being played out of my Rear Left speaker. Normal 2 channel is still played fine, but mkv's seriously suck. This is basically a deal-breaker for me. Please not that all files play great in Zoomplayer, VLC, etc. I have tried the newest (at this time) ffdshow dll's and am using the build of xbmc found on this forum.
Thanks
Justin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't play x264 Movies on Windows XP XBMC0