OS X High CPU/GPU Load with Mac 10.13.1 - IPTV Simple Client 2.4.14 - Krypton 17.5
Hey,

Since the update to High Sierra, i have strange problem.
The CPU/GPU has heavy load. and the fan go to maximum.

- Kodi 17.4 / 17.5 is in Fullscreen Mode
- IPTV Simple Client with streams from a FRITZ!WLAN Repeater DVB‑C

Hardware:
Mac Mini Late 2014 / 2,6GHz i5 / 16GB Ram / SSD / Intel Iris
Full HD 24" Monitor

I have exactly the same problem.

MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012)
macOS High Sierra (Version 10.13.1)
Kodi v17.6
Is the issue gone when you use winowed mode (even with a nearly fullscreen window)?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2017-11-20, 21:02)Memphiz Wrote: Is the issue gone when you use winowed mode (even with a nearly fullscreen window)?
 Yes the issue is gone in windowed mode. Thank you for your help.

My only Problem with the window mode is that my screen turns off after a while, if I don't move the mouse.
Then it's still the apple issue with it's broken try to opimize full screen applications ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2017-11-21, 21:29)Memphiz Wrote: Then it's still the apple issue with it's broken try to opimize full screen applications ...
 Is there a fix? The window mode is buggy and I want to return to the full screen mode as fast as possible.
If there was and we knew about it - we would have it in place already
(2017-12-01, 23:29)Memphiz Wrote: If there was and we knew about it - we would have it in place already
 This problem is not in Kodi 16 under the same OS.
And that's nothing that helps us - we switched from our hw decoder to ffmpeg hw Decoder + 1 thousands of other changes ...
So this may be ultra simplistic but could it not be done to incorporate your old HW decoder as a choice for us with older hardware?
That's nothing the videoplayer maintainer wants to have in his code
Well that is unfortunate. Looks like Kodi 16.1 is as far as we go with the old stuff then.
Any news on this ?
Or how you handle it ?
1st: Mac Mini: Intel i5 2,6Ghz - 8Gb Ram - Intel Iris - 1Tb - MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3 - Kodi 19.0 - MySQL 8.0.13 (Server)
2nd: iMac 27": Intel i5 2,8Ghz - 12Gb Ram - AMD 5750 1024Mb GFX - 1Tb SSD - MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 - Kodi 19.0 - MySQL (Client)
3rd: Some Rasperries 
Server: Synology 916+
One thing to try .. Check under Settings/System .. switch to Advanced .. Change "Number of buffers used by graphics driver" from 3 to 2.  Reboot ..
So Mac Mini is gone ... after several tries to get in running i know now that my mini got an hardware defect. Looks like gfx section. 
Maybe overheating problem while the cpu load aso was so high ? The fan were running very often at maximum speed. Maybe over night :-(

For me it's important if this "problem" is solved. Because i have to replace the defect one against an new Mac Mini or should i go for other hardware ?
Win-machines i don't want to use due to the sucking update structure ...
1st: Mac Mini: Intel i5 2,6Ghz - 8Gb Ram - Intel Iris - 1Tb - MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3 - Kodi 19.0 - MySQL 8.0.13 (Server)
2nd: iMac 27": Intel i5 2,8Ghz - 12Gb Ram - AMD 5750 1024Mb GFX - 1Tb SSD - MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 - Kodi 19.0 - MySQL (Client)
3rd: Some Rasperries 
Server: Synology 916+

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
High CPU/GPU Load with Mac 10.13.1 - IPTV Simple Client 2.4.14 - Krypton 17.50