Ikea Tradfri / Libcoap Integration
Hi,

I'd love to integrate my recently purchased Tradfri lights into Kodi, e.g dimming lights on playback or setting moods based on whatever. Regrettably, I am unable to find any actual Kodi addons or tools that communicate with the gateway. So far, I stumbled upon this article which suggest libcoap for the job. However, there is still the problem of firing those commands on playback, pause or stop in Kodi. 

Do you know any working implementations or addons that would allow me to define some events to achieve my goal?

Thanks!
There is an addon which triggers any command on kodi events.

You can also take inspiration from the hue and xiaomi addons.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-11-15, 21:25)nickr Wrote: There is an addon which triggers any command on kodi events.

You can also take inspiration from the hue and xiaomi addons.
This addon might be Kodi Callbacks, right? Seems to be quite overloaded for my purpose since I want to run commands like 

Code:
tradfri-lights.py -l 65538 -a power -v on
Yes it is Kodi callbacks.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi,
I managed to pair my tradfri bulbs with kodi by using a virtual hue bridge on a raspberry pi :

1. Setup this hue virtual bridge on a raspberry pi and associate your tradfri bridge : https://github.com/mariusmotea/diyHue/
  2. Use Kodi ambilight hue addon

I managed to make the addon work with 3 tradfri bulbs with light temperature in theater mode, not tested with the color bulbs and ambilight mode.
Come back here to tell us if it works (it should...), I will try it in a near future.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ikea Tradfri / Libcoap Integration0