Release Kodi v17.6 final: The very last
(2018-07-11, 16:30)Jucgshu Wrote: Yeah, this is frustrating and I have to say I never really understood the Kodi release cycles.  But I also have to say, Kodi 17 just works™
lm glad it is working for you, but it does not "just work" for me.  I have installed & tested hundreds of apps, and the problem which I encounter most often is the way that buggy apps and services can cause the Kodi user interface to become unresponsive (which requires a reboot on dedicated Kodi Linux boxes).  Here is the latest example:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2750266

Another place where it does not "just work" is when you want to build a custom TV guide by combining the free & legal IPTV channels with the free EPG data that is available from various sources.  This is a bloody nightmare and beyond the skills of the average user.
@MB32

Yes; Kodi doesn't work well with buggy apps and services, or any code overlays that compromise the integrity of the default code. Kodi is not 'boxes' it's software and for me the moniker "just work" amply applies. I see the TV guide and PVR as a work in progress, it's development is in the hands of those supporting this branch although more and more legal IPTV services are getting locked down with proprietary code and legal shackles.
(2018-07-11, 16:30)Jucgshu Wrote: Yeah, this is frustrating and I have to say I never really understood the Kodi release cycles.

There are no release cycles, it is done in people’s spare time, so it is ready when the Team feels it’s ready, and because of that it is more stable, rather than release a version with full of bugs. This is why I always prefer FOSS projects over commercial ones as more love goes into the project as money isn’t the driving force, and of course no deadlines.

@3000

This is not arrogant. this is how the team work, and it works for them.

This way they are not promising anything, other than Kodi v18 will be ready ‘soon’.
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
(2018-07-07, 13:38)3000 Wrote: hi there, anybody knows why Kodi 18 hasn't been released by now?

and no, I don't want to some arrogant comments like it will be ready when it's ready. 

Mostly the new version comes out at/after Christmas. So why the huge delay?
 I hate to say it but "it will be ready when it's ready". As others have said this is NOT commercial software developed by a company with a full time dedicated dev team operating on strict deadlines and release dates. If that is what you want, then Kodi is not for you. If what you want is FREE software developed in the "spare time" of those working on it, and not released until those working on it feel it is good enough to release, then Kodi could be for you....but you'll have to wait until it's ready.
Thumbs Up 
I just had some spare time and wanted to type something, so here it is.

Oh yes Leia v18 finally 64 bit support !
My 16 Gb memory is waiting for so long to be filled with Leia, now 12 Gb is only sitting there, doing nothing.
Tested Alpha3, seems super fast, in library scrolling, no more exception errors as I get in krypton.
But can not use alpha3 on a daily basis, so keep up the good work, and thanks for all you guys and girls who make KODI possible.

Big Grin
The very last, for real now? Big Grin I mean, wasn´t 17.4 final already?
But well, whatever, i´m looking forward to use Kodi 18 one day. - i will install it, as soon as it´s out of alpha.
(2018-08-30, 12:49)Zeromix Wrote: [...] i will install it, as soon as it´s out of alpha.

https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-v18-leia-beta-1
(2018-08-30, 12:53)Rechi Wrote:
(2018-08-30, 12:49)Zeromix Wrote: [...] i will install it, as soon as it´s out of alpha.

https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-v18-leia-beta-1  
Wow, this was fast, i looked yesterday and it was Alpha 3, thank you! - I will test it later, since i´m not home right now. Smile
hi, auto refresh rate doesn't work with this latest beta.

thanks.
(2018-09-02, 16:18)3000 Wrote: hi, auto refresh rate doesn't work with this latest beta.
Yes, it actually does. This is also not the correct thread to report bugs for Kodi Leia.
it does not. Why would I say it if it worked? Oh boy ...
(2018-09-02, 17:48)3000 Wrote: it does not. Why would I say it if it worked? Oh boy ...
Then provide a proper bug report, including a Kodi debug log (wiki) file, in the proper forum subsection.
We have no psychic cognitive capabilities to see what your Kodi setup is made of.
I need to get the latest cloud words I have a kodi box and bought it 3 years ago I hab to do a hard reset and can’t get anything back thanks
@Kathy45

What do you want to get back?

What is Cloud Words? A number of options come up with a search but I have no idea which one you are referring to.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Is there anywhere to try nightly builds for Android ?    There's a bug going back for ages, where the music vis doesn't seem enableable from the version on google play, I'd like to see if it's there on the version built from source.

TBH, I'd consider building myself for android, but not sure how straightforward that is.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v17.6 final: The very last2