When you export files... How does it work exactly?
When you back up your library by exporting it in separate files, and you pick replace old files, how does that work? I don't care about the image part as I always pick not to replace them, what I'm wondering about is if say I update the rating or something that differs from the database vs current .nfo file, will it detect that? Or does it go by some pre-set age of files?

Also depending on how it works, I'd like to request a new function, when you export your database as separate files, could you add an extra function to replace all current .nfo files? Or if its not already, make that be the case for the "replace old files" choice? Either way is fine as when you use a addon that updates a movie.. say for example a IMDB updater that updates the top 250, MPAA, and ratings, it would be nice if there was a way to update currently stored .nfo files with current database status. This will also help with addons that allow you to update the database like changing titles, changing the plot etc.. as it would always be nice to keep the stored .nfo files updated with the current database.
Thanks for reading Smile
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
Hello ShadowTek

(2017-11-16, 03:28)ShadowTek Wrote: what I'm wondering about is if say I update the rating or something that differs from the database vs current .nfo file, will it detect that? Or does it go by some pre-set age of files?
No, it does not analyse any nfo files when the export is performed. If you select Separate files and Overwrite, it will just export an nfo file for every video and overwrite existing nfo files. If you do not select Overwrite, it won't touch the existing nfo files and it will only create files for videos that don't have one, say a new movie you have added.

(2017-11-16, 03:28)ShadowTek Wrote: could you add an extra function to replace all current .nfo files?
As long as you select Overwrite, that is what it will do.

More information can be found in Import/Export wiki pages. Links in my signature below.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for you time Karellen , that is all I was wondering, so to be clear over-right old files replaces all .nfo files with database info.. always all the time yeah?

NM looking at link in your sig.. yes all nfo will be replaced.. brilliant.. thanks !!
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
When you export files... How does it work exactly?0