Kodi 17.6 Sony Android TV Problem
Hi,

Kodi has always worked perfectly on my Sony Android TV until the latest 17.6 update.

The menu goes crazy like someone is holding the up or down arrow on the TV remote and it won't stop.

I have installed the lastest Kodi on my other android devices and it works fine so the issue is only with my Sony TV. I also did a factory reset but the problem still persists.

Anyone having a similar issue?

My TV model is KDL50W800C.
(2017-11-16, 09:02)stamatis87 Wrote: Hi,

Kodi has always worked perfectly on my Sony Android TV until the latest 17.6 update.

The menu goes crazy like someone is holding the up or down arrow on the TV remote and it won't stop.

I have installed the lastest Kodi on my other android devices and it works fine so the issue is only with my Sony TV. I also did a factory reset but the problem still persists.

Anyone having a similar issue?

My TV model is KDL50W800C.
 Exactly the same here, but on an Nvidia Shield TV running Shield Experience 6.1. Since the Upgrade I get the crazy menu scrolling like you. Tried playing a movie through the Yatse remote app which started the movie ok but it fast forwards all the way through the movie, can only pause or stop it.

Unpaired both controller and remote and repaired but still the same problem. Tried downgrading to 17.5 but android gave me a corrupt apk error.

Hope this gets to the Kodi developers, read somewhere that 17.6 is the final 17 release.
I hope someone of you would post a Debug Log right away ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
https://pastebin.com/Mc4zJqju

Log file ^
Could you remove: 00:08:30.295 T:18446744072427002160  NOTICE: Register - new joystick device registered on android->android/inputdevice/41527: Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver (XBOX) (045E:0291)

Does that solve the issue?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
It was my XBOX 360 Wireless Controller Receiver that was plugged into the TV USB Port. So I unplugged and the crazy scrolling stopped. But when I plug the receiver back in the crazy scrolling starts up again instantly.

For some reason Kodi 17.6 doesn't like the XBOX 360 Wireless Controller Receiver. I never had any issues with this on previous versions of Kodi. ☹️
(2017-11-18, 15:45)stamatis87 Wrote: It was my XBOX 360 Wireless Controller Receiver that was plugged into the TV USB Port. So I unplugged and the crazy scrolling stopped. But when I plug the receiver back in the crazy scrolling starts up again instantly.

For some reason Kodi 17.6 doesn't like the XBOX 360 Wireless Controller Receiver. I never had any issues with this on previous versions of Kodi. ☹️
Same here, plugged into the shield. Thank you. Hopefully fixed for v18.
(2017-11-18, 15:45)stamatis87 Wrote: It was my XBOX 360 Wireless Controller Receiver that was plugged into the TV USB Port. So I unplugged and the crazy scrolling stopped. But when I plug the receiver back in the crazy scrolling starts up again instantly.

Anyone knows how to stop Kodi from going crazy after connecting XBOX 360 Wireless Controller Receiver? I would like to use my pad but now I cannot :/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.6 Sony Android TV Problem0