Installation problems in Ubuntu Mate 16.04
Well Good Morning,

I need your expertise on the subject. On your page http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Linux  the instructions for installing kodi are not up to date.!
Specifically in Ubuntu Mate 16.04 following the instructions both stable and unstable repos do not work. Ubuntu Mate 16.04 is missing dependencies so the installation do not continue. I tried to put manually both the stable and the unstable ppa in my source.lst file but I am getting the same thing.
My opinion is that the community do not support kodi anymore..!! What seems to be the problem? Can anyone help ??
Thank you.
We do not release any binaries for ARM in our PPAs, only x86
Quote: Raspberry Pi - Hardware video decoding support for H.264, MPEG-2, and VC-1. GUI is responsive on most light skins. Official supported by many third-party JeOS (Just enough Operating System) Linux distributions made for Kodi such as LibreELEC, OpenELEC, GeeXboX, Xbian, and OSMC

I do not understand whyHuh Can you please explain the above?? As long as I know the Debian Repos are fine ( I did not test it myself yet.) How they work on armf processors without any binaries?? Why do not support ? Please help me understand this. Thank you.
We - Team - Kodi - does not release binaries for arm, simply because there are way too many hardware variants in the embedded/ARM space. All of them require different build options.
We would have to build at least 4 different binaries, which we simply don't have the man power for.

And there is no need for us to release builds, since there are many projects providing excellent support for many different ARM board, specially Raspberry-PI, you listed them yourself.
Besides those, there are a couple for linux distros with good raspberry support that also provide kodi packages, like raspbian, arch linux and gentoo.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installation problems in Ubuntu Mate 16.040