v17 No video stream for 10bit HEVC on new Kabylake HTPC running Kubuntu 17.10
Hi, I recently built a new HTPC for running Kodi. I've installed Windows and Linux in a dual-boot config but I'm unfortunately having issues on both OSes. This thread is for the Linux issue, which is different from the Windows one Undecided

The main problem I'm having on Linux with Kodi right now is that the 10-bit HEVC files I have only play the audio stream, not the video. I did some reading before building this machine and based on http://kodi.wiki/view/supported_hardware#Desktop the hardware should support decoding this video. I tested the files in VLC to check and the decoding of both video and audio worked fine. Does anyone have any advice on how I can get the 10-bit HEVC video decoding working?

Extra info that may be useful:
  • Asus B250G motherboard
  • Kabylake Celeron G3930 (2.9ghz, 2 cores, HD 610 graphics)
  • 2 x 4gb of DDR2400 RAM
  • 64gb M.2 SSD for OSes
  • 5 SATA HDD drives for media
  • Windows 10 Home and Kubuntu 17.10, both installed UEFI mode
  • Hooked up to an oldish Samsung series 3000 720p HDTV via HDMI but both Windows and Linux drive the TV at 1368x768 by default rather than the 1280x720 the old device I was using did...
No Debug Log no issue.

For 10 bit HEVC, you need Mesa 17.1 or later AND kodi 18 alpha.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-11-16, 12:21)fritsch Wrote: No Debug Log no issue.

For 10 bit HEVC, you need Mesa 17.1 or later AND kodi 18 alpha.

Hmmmm, okay. I guess the missing part of the solution is pretty clearly Kodi 18 :-)

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No video stream for 10bit HEVC on new Kabylake HTPC running Kubuntu 17.100