Question Regarding Android Box and LibreELEC
Hi All,

Just looking for some quick assistance with the below, hoping you can help. Can you please advise which of these 2 boxes you would recommend

• Option 1: MECOOL M8S PRO Android 7.1 with 2GB DDR4 RAM - link to specs/more info is here
  • Option 2: 4K H96 PRO+ plus TV Box Android 7.1 with 3GB DDR3 RAM - link to specs/more info here

I'm leaning towards the MECOOL as it has DDR4 RAM and I've heard that helps with performance but I'm not sure if there is actually much difference between the 2 RAMs, especially since the H96 has 3GB. What are your thoughts? My use for the box will be very general, some android games and Kodi streaming. Netflix and all that is part of my TV so I just stream from there.

My other question is (and this is the important one), can I dual boot with both boxes? I'm thinking of purchasing a SD card to install LibreELEC Kodi and run it from there since I've heard it helps tremendously with performance but wanted to make sure it's possible on either box as I'm not sure what I need to be looking for in order for this to work.

Also, the Mecool doesn't have gigabyte ethernet whereas the H96 does, is there actually much or any difference with that? Like, would non gigabyte ethernet potentially cause buffering or slowness as opposed to the gigabyte one?

Any advice would be helpful, thanks in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question Regarding Android Box and LibreELEC0