Is that possible to use KODI TV BOX to build a cheap 4K blu ray Player?
Hi everyone, I am new here and to be frank, I do not know too much about KODI TV box.   
I am living in Australia and in this country 4K blu ray players seems like very expensive, the X BOX one S is the cheapest way to do so.
However, recently I have heard that KODI TV BOX is able to play back 4K blu ray ISO, so I want to ask "Is that possible to use KODI TV box to build up a 4K blu ray player?" Suppose I buy a Kodi Tv box like this one and buy a BD driver that suppots BDXL
First of all, there is no such thing as a "Kodi TV box". At least, not officially.
We only provide the Kodi software application.
That software can run on a multitude of hardware.

Check the LibreELEC forum for installation on S912 hardware.
(2017-11-17, 12:56)Klojum Wrote: First of all, there is no such thing as a "Kodi TV box". At least, not officially.
We only provide the Kodi software application.
That software can run on a multitude of hardware.

Check the LibreELEC forum for installation on S912 hardware.
 Sorry mate, I did not know about that and to be frank, "Kodi Tv box" is a very common name for any TV box running on Kodi.
Now I have more question, can you please tell me more about LibreEle? Like, how it works, and how it can help to use Optical drive
(2017-11-17, 13:27)fahentai Wrote: to be frank, "Kodi Tv box" is a very common name for any TV box running on Kodi.
It also happens to be the name used by many unofficial sales companies to sell "fully loaded boxes", which usually contain the infamous illegal add-ons. Something we do not want to be associated with. Hence my initial explanation. Smile

LibreELEC is basically Kodi running on a very minimal & vanilla Linux basis (approx 200-240MB), with only some useful bells and whistles for the best Kodi experience. It should auto-mount the optical drive when a disc is inserted.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is that possible to use KODI TV BOX to build a cheap 4K blu ray Player?0