Win Combine unRAID server and MVC 3D/HD audio Kodi or separate boxes?
Hi, I’m new to unRAID and using a raspberry pi/external hard drive for kodi now.

I was going to get a Nuc for HD audio/3D playback, but also want to build out an unRAID server.

Seems like the unRAID server could have a cheaper processor and more basic equipment if it’s only functioning as a NAS, but also don’t want to buy separate boxes for everything if I don’t have to. What’s the best approach for this?

Also looking to use blue iris NVR (Windows based NVR software) if that matters. Another separate box or a powerhouse i7 that can run everything?

Sent from my iPhone
Always separate storage and playback.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Always separate boxes.  You will almost certainly replace your Kodi solution far more frequently than your storage solution, and a good storage motherboard solution isn't necessarily a good Kodi solution and vice versa.

I've had two or three major unRAID builds since 2008. I've had far more Kodi solutions...

Also moving storage out of your primary viewing/listening location makes a lot of sense.  You can find silent or near-silent player solutions, but cost effective storage still makes at least some mechanical noise (both from spinning discs and spinning fans)
Good points. Thanks for clearing that up!

Sent from my iPhone

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Combine unRAID server and MVC 3D/HD audio Kodi or separate boxes?0