Episodes play on their own
Lately, I've been finding episodes I haven't watched yet marked as watched by kodi. This has been over the past week or so. It turns out, when kodi idles, it begins playing things on its own. I believe it plays whatever show is highlighted when I walk away. Kodi 16.1 on Android ARM (FireTV). I can't think of anything I've changed lately, but I think my skin (BOX) updated recently. Here is my logfile.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/25984489/

Today, when I left my house for a walk around 10:30am episodes 2 and 3 of The Great Canadian Baking randomly were watched by the time I got home (apparently my logfile starts at 1PM). And just now, episode 2 of Blue Planet II got watched while I was making dinner (Line 2271). I know I'm not clicking these, either accidentally or on purpose. I suppose I can't guarantee that it's not a faulty remote, but my remote seems fine otherwise. Any idea what could be the cause?
You'll need to turn debugging on for your log to be useful.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ok, well, I'll do that. It just doesn't happen frequently enough, and is not terribly reproducible at the moment, and I don't always catch it in time after-the-fact. If it happens again, and I catch it, I'll be sure to upload a new log. Thanks!
Someone in your house is playing with the remote.
Yeah, I got there with occam's razer as well. But it's a small household (2), and was happening mostly around bedtime. Seemed more likely that the button was getting pressed unintentionally when being put away for the night. But then it happened while I was home alone, and I left for a walk. And I know I didn't do anything. Or at least I don't think I did. I've disabled the web server, too. Still just waiting for recurrence. Anyway, I was just hoping there would be something useful in the logs. Thanks!
Perhaps your neighbour synced a remote?
(2017-11-21, 03:07)nuentes Wrote: Yeah, I got there with occam's razer as well. But it's a small household (2), and was happening mostly around bedtime. Seemed more likely that the button was getting pressed unintentionally when being put away for the night. But then it happened while I was home alone, and I left for a walk. And I know I didn't do anything. Or at least I don't think I did. I've disabled the web server, too. Still just waiting for recurrence. Anyway, I was just hoping there would be something useful in the logs. Thanks!
You have not supplied us with a debug log (wiki) so your hope is false.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
As I said - I'm just awaiting recurrance now that I have debug turned on.
Another thing - do you have a game controller plugged in? They can be a bit autonomous sometimes, particularly if a paddle or joystick is leaning against something.
I do not. I have only one remote that is paired to the FireTV.

At this point, I'm heavily leaning towards accidental pressing of the physical play button when putting the remote away as the cause. The timing of the events (based on my trakt.tv sync history) appears to match with times the remote would have been moved. Please assume this is not a kodi issue. I only posted here because I hoped the logfile would be useful, and understand it is not. If it recurs, I will update.
Alright - it just happened again last night. I know I didn't move the remote this time. It played 3 episodes of Blue planet II. Based on end of play times, it started immediately after turning off the TV. I did not have debug enabled, but whatever. This morning, it played an episode or two of Heston's Great British Food, and again, I didn't have debug enabled at the time, and it started immediately after I turned off the TV. But then I marked all those as unwatched, turned on debug, powered off the TV and went outside for a walk. Again, it played a couple episodes of Heston's Great British Food. As I was typing this up, I just had a thought. After I upgraded my FireTV to 5.2.6.0, I enabled HDMI CEC Device Control. It didn't appear to work, but I had left it enabled anyway. I just disabled it. Since these events appear to occur immediately after power off events... it's the best I can think of at the moment.

So... anyway... here is my debug log. It was almost 47,000 lines long, and paste.ubunutu.com kept giving me 502 errors when trying to upload the entire thing, so I just started from about 15 minutes before I turned on debug. And then apparently it added 680 blank lines for no reason. I swear I'm not an idiot... https://paste.ubuntu.com/26028241/

Take your time, and have a happy Thanksgiving.
Ok... more weirdness to add.

It is 100% linked to when I power off my TV. I can now reproduce the issue, and can reproduce it with the standard remote I received with the TV (basic model dumb Element TV), as well as with my sideclick remote. When I power the TV off, the selected series or episode begins to play. When I power it back on, there is no change (that I can see). It's important to note that the FireTV is set to sleep after 15 minutes idling, and is not being powered off.

It gets even more confusing, though. The issue is only reproducible for about 5 seconds after selecting a series. So if I select a series and then power off my TV within that 5 second window (complete guess on the exact timing), then the series begins to play. If I simply wait 5 seconds and then power off the tv, it doesn't happen.

I really don't understand this, as these two things are not interconnected in any way I know of...
Try turning off CEC and see if it still does it.
I already turned off CEC within the FireTV settings, and it's still occurring. I also just rebooted, confirmed the CEC setting was still disabled, and then confirmed I can still reproduce the issue. I don't know of anywhere else CEC could be enabled, and I don't believe my TV is even CEC capable...
I did a bit more testing. Now that I discovered that turning off the power to my TV sends the equivalent of the FireTV Play button, I've discovered that the issue is exclusive to Kodi. I tested powering off the TV while in specific portions of the Amazon and Netflix apps where pressing the Play button would result in a movie playing. Powering off the TV did not play anything. I can still reproduce this in Kodi on demand.

Does anybody have any guesses? Should I post a copy of my keymap?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Episodes play on their own0