Episodes play on their own
A debug log (wiki) may tell us what is going on, make sure you turn on component specific logging for libcec.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Well, after months of telling myself "I'll get around to it", and simply living with my workarounds, I've finally decided to follow the guide you provided in it's entirety, and reproduce the issue and upload a log so we can figure out what the actual cause is. So here it is: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/Rkkp4rxhVC/

I highlighted s01e03 of Blue Planet, and then turned off my TV using the TV's power button. Well, technically, I used my Sideclick power button which is programmed to the TV remove. Unfortunately, my dog recently at the remote that came with the physical TV, but before he ate it, I tested and confirmed the issue was reproducible with the original TV remote, as well. Anyway, when I powered my TV back on, Blue Planet s01e03 was about 10-15 seconds in already. Thanks for any help!
I just realized you requested libcec logging. I only see the following availalbe:

SMB
LibcURL
FFmpeg
Audio
Video
RTMP
JSON-RPC
Airtunes
UPnP

My log was done with verbose Video logging, which I'm now realizing may not be helpful. I also don't really have a clue what to do next...
libCEC is at the bottom of the list, you need to scroll down.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
sorry, but it's not

There is no scroll bar.
There is on mine.
As far as I know libCEC is not available on Android as CEC is controlled at the OS level.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Well... thoughts?
Clearly triggered by Line 968
Code:
11:08:58 T:18446744072484273132 INFO: Got MEDIA_BUTTON intent: 127, up:false

This is unlike any of your other button presses, which you can see by searching your log for the term 'scancode'.

Not sure where it is coming from though, googling "Got MEDIA_BUTTON intent" suggests it comes from within the Android OS, so may well be CEC related.

That is all I know.
Thoughts are that what ever is happening to cause your issue is coming from another source, whether that's CEC or some other outside connection is unknown, but it's not really a Kodi issue.

My suggestion, especially if it is something that just recently started happening, is to do a factory reset.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks. I'll move this to an android or firetv forum, then. Thanks for helping me diagnose the issue!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Episodes play on their own0