Error 2 with SMB link
Hi,
As a Kodi and Raspberry Pi 3 newbe, I tried to find the answer to my issue, yet I only found answers to similar issues. Hope someone can help me.

I bought a new RP3 with Kodi pre-installed. Setting up was rather uneventful till I linked my external HDD via an USB port and tried to make a link via SMB. I do see the HDD listed, yet when I try to link I get an error 2 "Shared location is unavailable".
Other questions with the same error I found where dealing with more remote locations. In my case the HDD is just linked via the USB.

So, what is the magical solution?

Thanx in advance for the answer.

Regards,
Taco
(2017-11-18, 18:34)TV50 Wrote: I bought a new RP3 with Kodi pre-installed.
Usually those things have an outdated version, things can go quickly in software land.
Can you get us a debug log (wiki) via pastebin.com ?
(2017-11-18, 19:53)Klojum Wrote:
(2017-11-18, 18:34)TV50 Wrote: I bought a new RP3 with Kodi pre-installed.
Usually those things have an outdated version, things can go quickly in software land.
Can you get us a debug log (wiki) via pastebin.com ?

Only the mouse with a USB dongle is recognised and no storage devices, so I don't know how to get the log off the system.
The system installed is: Kodi repository 2.4.9, Kodi version 16.1, LibreELEC 7.0.3.
Is there a possibility to force the system to be updated?
Thx
Updating LibreElec: https://libreelec.wiki/how_to/update_libreelec. Have to say though that I've read your post and I'm not sure what your exact problem is. Like you see this error message where? when you do what?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error 2 with SMB link0