From 32-bit to 64-bit
Hey all.

I just saw that finally the 64-bit is done Smile

Will it automtaclly get my options from the 32-bit?

Or can i some how export the options?

Regards Daniel and thanks
Where did you see that the "64-bit is done"?

Kodi v18 is 64-bit and it has just reached Alpha Release status. So it is still a ways off.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-11-19, 21:02)Karellen Wrote: Where did you see that the "64-bit is done"?

Kodi v18 is 64-bit and it has not yet reached Alpha Release status. So it is still a ways off.
 I wasn't sure how far along it was, thanks for the update.
I suspect I might wait for v18.1 or even v18.2 to be honest, that move to 64bit is going to be a big one, right?

Good work guys.

(P.S is there a list of possible issues in the move to 64bit? positives and negatives?)
I just saw on facebook that it looked to be done but i can see that it is still nighlty.

But it installed just on top of my 32-bit version but will it then run 64-bit when it is been installed on x86 ?

Regards Daniel
AFAIK the Kodi installer removes the old version when you install the new one

64 bit will install to c:\Program Files, 32 bit will install to c:\Program Files (x86) so if you check your system you should be able to see which one you are launching

I'm guessing the change should be transparent to most users, the move to 64 bit is generally due to 64 bit video codecs run more efficiently so should result in lower CPU usage, especially if you are using software decode.  Apart from that the changes are going to be limited as Kodi doesn't really need the additional address space offered by using a 64 bit process.
I am waiting for the 64 bit version, a very important step for Windows users.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
From 32-bit to 64-bit0