No Music Visualisation
Hello,

Kodi 17 on OSMC.

I'm loving this skin but I'm having real trouble getting the music player to show anything other than a stock image when I'm in full screen mode. All my music files are properly tagged and they have the folder.jpg and cdart.jpg in the root folder with a separate artist folder with fanart  which Artist Slideshow and Cd Art Manager are both pointing at.

No matter what I select for visualisation in the skin settings, all I get is the stock image. If I have Artist Slideshow selected, I get a flash of an image before it returns to the stock image when entering or exiting but thats it.

The album cover is being shown in the folder view but cdart is not being used with the album art overlay.

Can anyone advise as to what settings I should be using please?
18 days, 161 views and not a single person willing to help.

I've given up on this skin, it crashes a lot, it obviously doesn't work and the support is non existent
(2017-12-07, 16:13)caned_monkey Wrote: 18 days, 161 views and not a single person willing to help.

I've given up on this skin, it crashes a lot, it obviously doesn't work and the support is non existent
 Yes it sure has been very quiet around here the last few months.

I hope it's not the end of this great skin as there are still a lot of features I was hoping for Sad

The project page has not been updated in a while too.
https://github.com/jingai/skin.metropolis/milestones

jingai can you give us an update on the future of Metropolis skin?

Maybe someone with a lot more time on their hands can take over the project?

Thanks
It isn't over, and I'm still maintaining it.  I just have no idea what OP's problem is.  I don't see that issue here.

I don't see it 'crashing a lot' here either, and honestly don't even know how that'd be possible.

There aren't many updates these days because honestly, I'm happy with the skin at this point.  My main goal is to simply keep it working with new Kodi releases.
I mention that the skin crashes and I get two replies immediately, so why aren't you interested in helping with the lack of music visualisation?
Because I'm very busy with my real job, and I have no idea what is causing your troubles with the visualizer.  I am not seeing any issues here.
So basically you are saying that unless you are experiencing the same problem as well, you see no reason to offer any support to your users.

What is the point of having a support forum if you are to busy to help?
Are you serious? Pretty sure you're not paying me anything.
You haven't done anything so what would I pay you for?
@caned_monkey

Your comments are disrespectful to the developer of the skin and uncalled for.

You have no right to make those demands and comments.

When jingai has the time, I am sure he will look into the issue. I am sure he is quite busy, especially with Christmas only two days away. I suggest you try another skin and see if the problem is resolved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for yet another totally pointless interjection that offers no help what so ever.
You are welcome. I am pretty sure things for you won't change now.

First warning applied. Reach a third warning and a permanent ban will be applied.

Maybe you should read up and become familiar with the concepts of FOSS and Volunteer. And show some respect to the "Volunteers" that are creating all this for people like you.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-07, 19:50)gate1975mlm Wrote: The project page has not been updated in a while too.
https://github.com/jingai/skin.metropolis/milestones

That's not entirely true.
https://github.com/jingai/skin.metropolis/pull/140
Smile
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2017-11-19, 19:17)caned_monkey Wrote: Hello,

Kodi 17 on OSMC.

I'm loving this skin but I'm having real trouble getting the music player to show anything other than a stock image when I'm in full screen mode. All my music files are properly tagged and they have the folder.jpg and cdart.jpg in the root folder with a separate artist folder with fanart  which Artist Slideshow and Cd Art Manager are both pointing at.

No matter what I select for visualisation in the skin settings, all I get is the stock image. If I have Artist Slideshow selected, I get a flash of an image before it returns to the stock image when entering or exiting but thats it.

The album cover is being shown in the folder view but cdart is not being used with the album art overlay.

Can anyone advise as to what settings I should be using please?
This sounds like an issue with the visualization not supported by the GPU, or GLEW and EGL do not like each other. Does it work with the default Estuary skin?
Here is my Windows version working fine, but my LibreElec version hasn't worked for almost a year (because of my Intel GPU).

Maybe see if anything in this thread looks familiar.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...id=2135594
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Music Visualisation0