WIP Token Skin

Token skin is inspired from Hulu UI and originated from this thread: 313698 (thread)

The idea is to keep it simple, textures minimal and very user friendly.
Colors will be white and faded white only.
There will only be one view type available in each section (poster, square and wide - depending on content).

At this moment, everything is extremely WIP and the skin isn't even 15% finished.
Nothing is ready for testing yet and probably won't be for a while (so please don't ask).

I have a pretty clear design idea, but comments, ideas and suggestions are more than welcome.

HOME SCREEN: main categories focused

HOME SCREEN: In Progress Movies widget

MOVIES: movie in progress

MOVIES: watched movie

TV SHOWS

TV SHOWS: Media Options

SELECT DIALOG

TV SHOWS: Context Menu

The skin is Kodi 18 Leia only and will not be backported to Krypton.

At this moment, skin helper script is not working properly for Kodi Leia.
To the right in libraries will be quick jump alphabet navigation with the Media Options button below.

If you feel like buying me a beer of coffee for motivation, donations are more than welcome. Smile
DONATE
Looks very promising.  First impression is really nice.
Brilliant work so far, Gade.  I have been searching for a skin very similar to this and haven't been able to find quite what I'm looking for, so it's very exciting to see that you are developing this.  Can't wait for a release.
Hi augustburntbread and welcome to the forums.

Thanks both for the kind words. Let me know if you have any thoughts.
Nice, keep up the good work!
(2017-11-21, 00:18)Gade Wrote: Hi augustburntbread and welcome to the forums.

Thanks both for the kind words. Let me know if you have any thoughts.
 Thank you, Gade.  I appreciate that.  I'm sorry for the slow reply.  I'm just now starting to check these forums regularly.  So far, I love the direction you're taking this.  The blue hue is very pleasing and soothing to my eyes, I love the icons, the font, and the overall simplistic layout.

I'm curious what the overlay will look like when a video is paused or seeking?

I'll provide more feedback and I eagerly await updates.  I would definitely love to test this out when you have a beta version available.  Thanks!
(2017-11-29, 00:12)augustburntbread Wrote: So far, I love the direction you're taking this.  The blue hue is very pleasing and soothing to my eyes, I love the icons, the font, and the overall simplistic layout.

Yeah, I find the blue nuances very pleasent too. And the white/faded white UI colors makes it simple and easy to work out where to focus.

(2017-11-29, 00:12)augustburntbread Wrote: I'm curious what the overlay will look like when a video is paused or seeking?

I'll provide more feedback and I eagerly await updates. I would definitely love to test this out when you have a beta version available. Thanks!

I'm curious as well how at all to work out the OSD and fullscreen infos. I haven't gotten to that part at all yet.
Screenshots and inspiration is more than welcome.
(2017-11-29, 00:34)Gade Wrote:
(2017-11-29, 00:12)augustburntbread Wrote: So far, I love the direction you're taking this.  The blue hue is very pleasing and soothing to my eyes, I love the icons, the font, and the overall simplistic layout.

Yeah, I find the blue nuances very pleasent too. And the white/faded white UI colors makes it simple and easy to work out where to focus.
(2017-11-29, 00:12)augustburntbread Wrote: I'm curious what the overlay will look like when a video is paused or seeking?

I'll provide more feedback and I eagerly await updates. I would definitely love to test this out when you have a beta version available. Thanks!

I'm curious as well how at all to work out the OSD and fullscreen infos. I haven't gotten to that part at all yet.
Suggest having a look at the "Bello 6" OSD and Info screens. Very much minimalist with similar fonts to your mock-up. Just a suggestion Smile
Gade I love new skins, and yours are always excellent. Looking forward to trying this.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-11-29, 09:22)petesbodyparts Wrote:
(2017-11-29, 00:34)Gade Wrote: I'm curious as well how at all to work out the OSD and fullscreen infos. I haven't gotten to that part at all yet.
Suggest having a look at the "Bello 6" OSD and Info screens. Very much minimalist with similar fonts to your mock-up. Just a suggestion Smile 
Thanks, I'll take a look. Smile
(2017-11-29, 09:52)nickr Wrote: Gade I love new skins, and yours are always excellent. Looking forward to trying this.
Hi nickr.

Thanks a lot for the support.
The skin is (very) slowly moving forward.
@Gade
What about an osd like this

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016...se-osd.jpg

Plus (!) Media Information like 5.1 Dolby digital and 1080p

And Media Controls like this

https://picload.org/image/rcillrww/bilds...um12.4.png
(2017-11-29, 17:48)Cyku007 Wrote: @Gade
What about an osd like this

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016...se-osd.jpg

Plus (!) Media Information like 5.1 Dolby digital and 1080p

And Media Controls like this

https://picload.org/image/rcillrww/bilds...um12.4.png
Hi Cyku007.

Thanks a lot.
Those are some pretty good ideas. Definately a lot of inspiration there.

Where are the images from?
@Gade
I searched on google: Kodi osd and then found those picture
Thanks, they can definately give me some inspiration.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Token Skin2